Zupapa! is a platformer game released by SNK in 2001 for the Neo Geo MVS system. It never got an AES released and was never ported to other systems. The game was originally developed by Face but was never released and they went bankrupt; SNK acquired the game's prototype and finished and released it.
The game's ending labels Zupapa! as Episode 1, implying that there were possible plans for a sequel.
Zupapa! is a single screen platformer similar to Bubble Bobble. the objective is to defeat all enemies such as (humans, monsters, etc.) on the screen in order to move to the next one. You control Zupapa, the star alien, which can punch enemies to stun them, after which you can move over them to defeat them. In each stage you can capture the Zooks, which are little sidekicks that Zupapa can throw at the enemies to stun them, so that when they are defeated they'll generate a star circle which will automatically kill any enemy which touches it. The more Zooks you throw at a single enemy, the larger will be the circle radius. Any enemy defeated by the circle will drop a fruit which adds to the score. The player will also finds power-ups which enhances Zupapa's power, speed and jumping ability. If you didn't defeat all enemies, the vampiric killer alien will kill you with a sinister laugh.
- Zupapa - The blue star alien that throws zooks to the enemies such as humans.
- Zupipi - The pink star alien that throws zooks.
- Zukko Green, Blue, Orange, Violet - The cute little alien that attacking enemies.
- Scary Vampiric Alien - The Hurry Up enemy who kills Zupapa or Zupipi when take too long to finish stage.
The enemies in ZuPaPa are the Lab Assistants from the unnamed final boss at the Demonic Lab over the Zupapa Island.
- Circus - A funfair-themed world in Sochi, Russia. The enemies are Ballet Assistants, Performer Assistants, Clown Assistants, and Jester Assistants. The boss is UFO Catcher.
- Japan - Near the Mount Fuji and Tokyo Tower. The enemies are Sumo Wrestler Assistants, Shogun Assistants, Ninja Assistants, and Daruma Doll. The boss is Kabuki that throw sushis.
- Jungle - At the Amazon Jungle, Brazil. The enemies are Hippos, Lions, Babboons, and Vultures. The boss is a Carrion Plant.
- Halloween - Near the Bran Castle, Transylvania, Romania. The enemies are Frankenstein Assistants, Ghosts, Jason Assistants, and Skeletons. The boss is a Count Dracula then dies turn into a giant vampire bat.
- Toybox - At the Legoland Florida, United States. The enemies are Toy Trains, Toy Soldiers, Toy Walkers, and Cymbal Monkeys. The boss is a giant inflatable Teddy Bear.
- Prehistoric - A Pangea world. The enemies are Dilophosaurus, Caveman Assistants, T-Rexes, and Pterodactyl. The boss is a Big Mammoth that throw Ice Balls.
- Future - In the year 2050. The enemies are Robot Aliens, UFOs from Metal Slug 2, Triad Robots, and Astronaut Robots. The boss is a One-eyed Robot Time-Travel Spaceship.
- Medieval - Bring Zupapa in the Medieval Britain of 958 AD. The enemies are Knight Assistants, Slimes, Flying Wizard Assistants, and Mimic Chest along Dragon at the fourth stage. The boss is a Sorcerer riding a Orange Dragon.
- Laboratory - The enemies from previous worlds appear in the clone machine needs to destroy 8 of evil warp room. The final boss is an unnamed doctor turns into evil-lized alien of Evil Zupapa.