Zantetsu (斬鉄, Zantetsu) is a character from The Last Blade series. He is voiced by Ryūzaburō Ōtomo. His symbolic items are his straw hat and mantle. His official slogan is "Last Ninja": 最強の忍道.
Due to the decline of the ninja population, the Japanese common folk begin to consider the title “ninja” a thing to scoff at. Determined to prove the superiority of his people, he challenges warriors time and time again to prove his strength. When he hears of the opening of a portal called “Hell’s Gate”, he sets out to defeat the enemies within to prove his strength.
At the outset of The Last Blade 2, Zantetsu resides in his village, and teaches his grandson the way of the ninja in order to continue their legacy. However, he is aware that he will pass away in the near future and wishes to prove his strength once more before his eventual death. He once again travels to “Hell’s Gate” to experience a great battle.
It is heavily implied that he is Eiji Kisaragi's ancestor. He and Eiji share similar moves.
He is a wise elder to his clan, strong in traditional values and only ailing from old age. He is considered by the other members of his clan to be a "fossil" as he refuses adapt to the more Western ideas of peace. He treasures his personal family, hoping that they will continue his legacy with pride.
- Translocation: Zantetsu is able to move himself from one place to another nearby almost instantly.
- Energy Projectile: Zantetsu can create a projectile of energy.
- Cutting Energy: Zantetsu can envelop his hands with cutting energy.
- Invisibility - Zantetsu can become invisible at will.
- Darkness - Zantetsu can create supernatural darkness in order to conceal himself. This ability is Zantetsu's strongest attack, and he uses it sparingly, in order to blind his opponent and finish him off.
All the skills a ninja must have like stealth, climbing, swimming, etc...
Zantetsu uses the Kisaragi-ryuu style of Ninjutsu. Users of this discipline know how to fight unnarmed and with knives. He is the only known practitioner to also wield dual knives. He can use his mantle to piledrive his opponents.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|