Yashiro Nanakase (七枷 社, Nanakase Yashiro) is a video game character from The King of Fighters series, serving as the leader of the New Faces Team in KOF '97. He is one of the Four Heavenly Kings of Orochi and serves as the darker counterpart to Goro Daimon.  His nickname means "Shrine of the Seven Shackles".
Yashiro's team was created to offset the remaining top three characters.  Yashiro was modeled after a character in the anime, Combat Mecha Xabungle. In the character popularity poll on Neo Geo Freak's website, he was voted as the sixteenth favorite character with a total of 783 votes.
The true origins of the Orochi fighter known as Yashiro are shrouded in mystery. At one point, he formed a music band with Chris and Shermie called "CYS" (based on the first letter of the name of each member), with him playing the guitar. They were preparing to perform when the club they were scheduled at canceled them in favor of a jazz band featuring Iori Yagami. Upset at their loss and angered by "the man with red hair", Yashiro and his band steal the invitations from the American Sports Team (Heavy D!, Lucky Glauber, and Brian Battler) and enter the KOF '97 tournament in order to get their revenge against Iori. 
During the tournament's duration, the Orochi blood within Yashiro awakens as he and his friends remember their duties as three of the Four Heavenly Kings of Orochi and work to resurrect their lord by gathering the fighters' own energy. Near the end of the tournament, both Yashiro and Shermie commit suicide in order to transfer their remaining energy into Chris and because of this, Orochi is able to return to the world while using Chris' body as the host, but Orochi itself is re-sealed again by the Three Sacred Treasures: Kyo, Iori, and Chizuru.
Verse's defeat at the end of The King of Fighters XIV had released numerous souls and has caused many who have perished throughout the series to be brought back to life. Yashiro is apparently one of them who has been revived, along with his comrades Shermie and Chris.
While living his normal life, Yashiro has a very 'cool' personality. Even so, he shows a part of his Heavenly King persona while composing his songs, which often has themes like death and blood.
Due to being upstaged in one of their gigs during the events of The King of Fighters '97 by Iori, he has developed a deep hatred and grudge over him. This, on top of the fact that Iori's a natural enemy of his, which he either does not know nor care about.
- Super Speed - He can deliver punches at high speed.
Yashiro's fighting style is focused on offensive power. He is an all around fighter that balances out his great striking power with amazing speed and swift technique. His punches are extremely powerful and straight-forward, contrasting with his acrobatic kicks that sometimes resemble Capoeira.
- Bloody - The King of Fighters '97, '98, R-1, R-2, and 2002
- Re: Bloody - The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
- Makoto Awane - The King of Fighters '97 ~ 2002 UM
- Hamaoka Keisuke - The King of Fighters World ~ present
- Megumi Han - The King of Fighters: All Star (as the Female Version)
- The King of Fighters '97
- The King of Fighters R-1
- The King of Fighters '98
- The King of Fighters R-2
- The King of Fighters: Kyo
- The King of Fighters 2000 - As a Striker for Ralf
- The King of Fighters 2002
- The King of Fighters Neowave
- The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- CR The King of Fighters
- Days of Memories (second title) - unplayable
- SNK Dream Battle
- Tower of Saviors
- Kimi wa Hero
- The King of Fighters World
- The King of Fighters All Star
- The King of Fighters Destiny
- The King of Fighters: Orochi Go
- The King of Fighters 2003 - in the Edit Team ending
- KOF: Maximum Impact - background cameo
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout - background cameo in the Japan Team, Art of Fighting Team and Kim Team stages
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum - in Shermie's ending
- SNK Gals' Fighters - in Shermie's ending
- The King of Fighters (pachinko)
- The King of Fighters 2
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy - in Shermie's ending; also mentioned in some winquotes
- In Neo-Geo Freak 1998, the characters in KOF '98 have their own interviews. Here are Yashiro's response to the questions.
- What is your aspiration in this competition? - "Punch the redhead."
- Who would you like to fight the most? - "Redhead."
- Who would you like to team up with? / Who would you not like to team up with? - "Red hair. Because I stand out more. People who I don't want to team up with is also red hair."
- What is "KOF" for you? - "A tournament where I can beat red hair."
- Finally, please give a word to your fans. - "We win. It's decided. Please watch."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Official character page from KOF anniversary website.
- ↑ The King of Fighters '97: New Face Team Story from KOF anniversary website.
- ↑ http://kofworld.com/anime/exclusive-we-talk-to-oda-san-about-snk-heroines-kof-manga-and-anime-and-more/
- ↑ https://archive.org/details/Neo-Geo_Freak_1998-08_Geibunsha_JP/page/n29