He is voiced by Yusaku.
Verse is an embodiment of negative energy and rage like a fire. It can speak human language albeit sparingly and expresses its desire to destroy everything as it usually bellows incoherently in rage. Due to the numerous souls contained within, Verse is unable to fully prevent their personalities from completely seeping through its control and they can temporarily manifest as a result.
Verse's power is connected to one of Shun'ei's powers, as both powers have a symbiotic form of each other.
- Transdimensional manipulation - Verse is able to change the fabric of reality.
- Negative force Manipulation - As it is the embodiment of negative forces, it has full control over every negative force or energy.
- Soul Container - Verse contains the souls of the dead and those who are trapped in the time warp.
- Pyrokinesis - Verse can control fire. Unlike other characters who can use pyrokinesis, Verse can control other fires it didn't create and is immune to other types of fire, due to it being an entity of fire itself.
- Levitation - Verse can levitate and fly.
- Teleportation - Verse can disappear and reappear in another location.
- Superhuman strength - Verse has superhuman strength.
- Independence from an Aggregate - The King of Fighters XIV
- The King of Fighters XV - mentioned in the Sacred Treasures, Orochi, Ikari Warriors and G.A.W. Team Stories; also mentioned in Story cutscenes