Takashi Nishiyama (西山 隆志, Nishiyama Takashi) is a Japanese game director, producer, and video game designer. He is credited as the creator of the Fatal Fury series and the Art of Fighting series. After SNK, Nishiyama founded Dimps with former SNK staff.
Before his career at Capcom, he worked with Irem on Spartan X, better known in the West as Kung Fu Master. He joined SNK in 1988 after he had finished directing the first Street Fighter game with Hiroshi Matsumoto.
Leaving SNK due to feeling the need to take responsibility for the coming dire situation at the time, he went on to found Dimps in 2000 when core staff of SNK also resigned after him, expecting Nishima to have some sort of plan. With the help of key people from Sammy (now Sega Sammy), Bandai Namco Games and CSK, he started Sokiac which was later renamed Dimps.
He is sometimes credited as "Piston Takashi" or "T. Nishiyama".
Works at SNK
- Ghost Pilots - executive director
- Neo Turf Masters - "boss"; executive director
- The Ultimate 11 - SNK Football Championship - executive producer
- Fatal Fury - (III~Real Bout 2: producer)
- Art of Fighting 3 - producer
- The King of Fighters series ('94~'99: producer)
- Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden - executive producer
- Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage - executive producer
- Metal Slug series (2, X: producer)
- Savage Reign series - producer
- Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special Dominated Mind - producer
- The King of Fighters R-2 - producer
- Art of Fighting (anime) - special thanks to
- Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf - special thanks to
- Fatal Fury 2: The New Battle - special thanks to
- Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture - executive producer
- Legendary Wings (1988, NES) - Director
- Last Duel (1988) - Director
- Demolish Fist (2003) - Executive producer
- The Rumble Fish (2004) - Executive producer
- Street Fighter IV (2009) - Executive producer
- Super Street Fighter IV (2010) - Executive producer
- Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition (2011) - Executive producer
- Freedom Wars (2014) - Executive producer
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse (2015) - (Executive producer)
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (2016) - Executive producer
- Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet (2018) - Executive producer
- SoulCalibur VI (2018) - Executive producer