Sogetsu Kazama (風間 蒼月, Kazama Sōgetsu) is one of the co-protagonists introduced in Samurai Shodown IV who continues to appear in the series. In the 1997 Gamest Heroes Collection, Sogetsu was ranked the staff's 21st favorite character. He is voiced by Naoki Oikawa from Samurai Shodown IV to Samurai Shodown V Special and by Junji Majima in Samurai Shodown VI.
When Sogetsu and Kazuki were infants, they were found underneath a bridge. It's unknown if they are truly related to one another but they became ninja of the Kazama clan. In Samurai Shodown V, Sogetsu is ordered by his clan to defeat a powerful water-demon named Suija. After much searching, he encounters the demon and engages him. With the help of his younger sister's powers, Suija is sealed away in his weapon.
When Kazuki leaves the clan to save Hazuki, the elders of the clan order him to execute his brother.  Sogetsu eventually finds Kazuki at Amakusa's castle and allows Kazuki to rescue Hazuki while he stays behind to fight Zankuro.  He slays Zankuro and returns to his clan, telling his superiors that Kazuki has been taken care of; in truth, he allows Kazuki to fake his death so he and Hazuki can run away. Sogetsu keeps a watchful eye on them in secret so they may continue to lead a carefree life. He continues to serve his clan, loyally following their orders and meeting his brother by coincidence from time to time, eventually becoming the clan's leader in Samurai Shodown 64-2.
In Sen, his leadership is retconned and he is only a candidate for the position. However, fellow clan members become torn at the thought of Sogetsu becoming leader, with one side respecting Sogetsu's abilities and the other being envious and distrustful of him. Genshinsai, the ailing leader, requests the youth to prove his worth to other members of the clan to dispel the conflict. Sogetsu agrees and is ordered to investigate the mysterious foreign ship.
Sogetsu is a stoic and reserved youth, locking away his emotions so he can serve the part of a ninja faithfully.
He values his family and loves his siblings and shows his care by sparing their lives and remaining distant. He quietly watches over them, careful to steer other members of the clan away from their locations. Despite saying to Hazuki that she is dead in his eyes, he never implied abandonment at all. This is further emphasized in Kazuki's ending in Samurai Shodown VI where he helps his siblings reintegrate into their clan.
His ambitions for power are never clearly explained though it is implied that he maybe driven by ulterior and personal motives. Should opportunities to be the leader of their clan present itself, he will rise to occasion.
- Hydrokinesis: Due to his ninjutsu training, Sogetsu can control water. He can create it from thin air, create bubbles of water, deliver slashes with water, and create geyers of water. In some cases he can use water as an impenetrable shield against attacks.
- Translocation: Using his ninjutsu, Sogetsu can move from one place to another very quickly.
- Bushin - Sogetsu can create a mirror image of himself and attack his opponent from both sides.
Sogetsu, unlike Kazuki, has several long ranged attacks, most notable of which is his strongest slash attack. His power over water allows him to keep opponents at distance from both the air and ground level as he can raise geysers and throw bubbles to thwart their advances. In his Rasetsu/Bust form, later adopted as Suija's fighting style, he becomes an effective close to mid-ranged fighter, able to shield himself from attacks during jumps and splash powerful geysers at close range. In Samurai Shodown 64 and Samurai Shodown 64: Warriors Rage, his ninjatō changes to a longer tachi. His stance changes to keep his sword unsheathed to hold it at shoulder level ready to strike.
He keeps this stance in Sen with his free hand used only for normal throws. He utilizes kicks and teleportation tactics to confuse his opponents.
- Incarnation of Water - Samurai Shodown IV, V
- Dew - Samurai Shodown 64
- Samurai Shodown IV
- Samurai Shodown 64
- Samurai Shodown 64-2 - players will only encounter Suija Sogetsu as a CPU opponent
- Samurai Shodown V
- Samurai Shodown V Special
- Samurai Shodown VI
- Samurai Shodown Sen
- Samurai Shodown Online
- Samurai Shodown Tenkadaiichi Kenkakuden
- Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden (Neo-Geo CD version only; cameo)
- Samurai Spirits (pachinko)
- When asked "The path of the sword is?", Sogetsu's response is "An efficient method to slay people." 
- When asked what his favourite type of mate is his response is "I'll consider looking around when Kazuki and Hazuki leave me for good."