|Sie Kensou||Story||Move List||Gallery||Quotes|
- In this Chinese name, the family name is "Sie".
Sie Kensou (
Goofy, outgoing and jovial, Kensou wants to live his young years to their fullest. He has a crush on Athena, but she chooses to ignore it and when every time he gathers the courage to confess his feelings to her, he is often cut off or interrupted. He sometimes gets too excited over trivial events, such as mistaking Chin Gentsai for cheating on his wife (his master was really talking to Kula Diamond over the phone).
He is sometimes known to be lazy as he shows his dislike for training, alongside with being very passionate about his favorite food (baozi/meatbuns) which he often consumes before, during or after matches (though there are also times where he's choked on them comically).
- Telepathy - Kensou can project his thoughts to other minds.
- Psychic Projectile - Kensou can fire a ball of psychic energy.
- Psychic Aura - Kensou can attack enemies with a psychic aura around his hands to increase punching damage.
- Psychic Dragon - Kensou can create a giant dragon of psychic energy. Also, by merging with it, he can increase his overall power and strength.
- Dragon Spirit - Kensou has a mysterious power that is shared with Bao and seems to be the source of his power. During the 99-2001 KOF Tournaments, the power can be switched between Kensou and Bao if one of them is gravely injured.
Though holding such level of power like that of the said Dragon Spirit, he doesn't seem to use too much psychic powers while fighting, and mostly relies on his fighting style (though the opposite often is sometimes said to occur nodding to Kensou's distaste for training). Though during the period he has lost access to the Dragon Spirit however, he was forced to switch up his style to focus more on his kung fu.
That said, many of his signature special moves feature a dragon motif, with two of his DM's in particular being named after the Shenlong/Shinryuu (God/Divine Dragon) of Chinese mythology.
- Psycho Soldier "K.O.F. Version" - The King of Fighters '94
- Senritsu no Dora - The King of Fighters '95, '98, '98: UM (console versions only)
- Psycho Soldier Remix 96 - The King of Fighters '96
- Shin! Senritsu no Dora - The King of Fighters '98, '98: UM (arcade version only)
- Psyco Sonic Trip ~Dance at the Paddy Field~ - The King of Fighters '99
- Will - The King of Fighters 2000, EX, EX2
- Psychic Guys - The King of Fighters 2001
- Red Wind - The King of Fighters 2002
- Pure ~At Good Old Days~ - The King of Fighters XI, XIII (when the music is set to "Type B", console version only, shared with Athena Asamiya and Chin Gentsai)
- Psycho Soldier ~Super Chinese Remix~ - The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
- Purity Soldiers - The King of Fighters XIII
- Tachi bou ke -Instrumental- - The King of Fighters XIV
- Tachi bou ke - The King of Fighters XIV (as Athena's opponent)
- Theme "Kensou" - Athena: Awakening from the Ordinary Life
- Nikuman - Athena On Stage
- Eiji Yano - The King of Fighters '94~XIII
- Yuto Kaname - The King of Fighters XIV~Present
- Josh Keller - The King of Fighters XII (English Voice)
- Yuki Ishii - Athena: Awakening from the Ordinary Life
- Kengo Kawanishi - The King of Fighters for Girls
- Despite the fact that he is from China, his name is rendered commonly in Japanese on'yomi, as he in fact should be named as "Chui Quanchong".
- In earlier incarnations, his victory poses often had "wardrobe malfunctions" with over-exaggerated poses.
- Kensou is said to have an accent in his speech. In Japanese, the closest equivallent for him would be the Kansai dialect accent, which is mostly found in Osaka (where SNK is located).
- At one point, developers described his psychic powers being similar to Koichi's powers in Babel II.
- His Story Mode intro with Maxima in KOF XIII makes a reference to the "It's Over 9000!" meme from Dragon Ball Z.
- In Gamest's 1997 Heroes Collection, Kensou was voted as the staff's twenty-fourth favorite character. He shared the spot with Ryo Sakazaki and Toru Kurosawa, a character from Sega's Last Bronx.
- The deeper meaning of the Dragon Spirit's importance has yet to be revealed. It's probable that the Dragon Spirit is a reference to Kensou's ability to morph into a dragon from Psycho Soldier.
- In the third edition of Japan Fighing Game Publishers Roundtable, when the producers were asked about their favorite characters from other companies, Shuhei Matsumoto, from Capcom, revealed Kensou is his favorite character, since Matsumoto is familiar with the Kansai dialect accent.