Shermie (シェルミー) is a character in The King of Fighters series series who is a member of the Orochi Team (temporarily under disguised team name, "New Faces Team" in KOF '97). She is one of the Four Heavenly Kings of Orochi who is the dark counterpart to Benimaru Nikaido.
Aside from the main body of The King of Fighters series, Shermie also stars in her own character image album. Her official nickname is "Roaring Lightning" (とどろく
Shermie and her teammates were created to offset the remaining top three characters.  It's stated on her KOF 10th anniversary profile that she was based on the character Fujiko Mine from the manga/anime series Lupin the Third. The developer states that the design for Shermie was easily decided on, given that her long bangs never revealed her eyes. They would go onto calling her Tesse from Waku Waku 7 at one time.
Shermie is a very outgoing and friendly girl. However, like some people, she has reservations about society at large, as she considers them stupid, when it crosses beyond her interests and profession. She doesn't seem to take battles and fighting too seriously, often dancing around and picking up her cellphone during battle. Shermie blows a kiss towards her opponent before the battle begins. She only seems to do this when fighting against a male character that she finds attractive. She seems to dislike noisy people, as seen in her special intro with Brian Battler in KOF '98 UM. Shermie has an affinity for hamsters, and owns two of them as pets, a male and female pair named Achu (あちゅ) and Ururi (うるり).
Her long bangs make it difficult to see her eyes but underneath them lies a glare with strong murderous intent. Even though she considers human society stupid, it's been noted that she enjoys her lifestyle working as a fashion designer.
In her other (mostly non-canonical) appearances, she seems to be aware of her own Orochi heritage, which sometimes reflects in her quotes. However, while she's clearly not antagonistic as with her Orochi form, she can be just as murderous, manipulative and ruthless if provoked, especially if faced with particular foes, most notably perverted men like Kukri, and to a lesser extent, Brian Battler.
When Shermie was revived, her Orochi heritage was retained as well. While they take their roles as Heavenly Kings seriously even in their normal forms, this time, it isn't an outstanding priority.
- Ignore Weight - She can grab and throw anyone in spite of their weight.
- Orochi Power - Elektrokinesis - Even while in her base form, Shermie can still project half of her Orochi lightning element in few of her move sets. This power is used in The King of Fighters 2002, The King of Fighters Neowave and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
- Musical Instruments - Shermie plays the keyboard in their band.
- Figure Skating - Shermie is surprising adept at it.
- Fashion design and styling - Shermie's real occupation apart from being a part of the CYS band.
- Hamster Breeder - Shermie is knowledgeable in keeping hamsters as pets as well as breeding and raising them.
When not using her Orochi powers, Shermie relies on grappling as her combat style. She is also quite agile and some of her moves represent gymnastics. She performs a variety of body slams, most involving acrobatic moves, some counter throws and a few face-sitting throws. Her grappling gameplay is further improved in KOF '98 and further expanded in KOF 2002. In Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Shermie uses a few of her Orochi power.
- Bloody - The King of Fighters 97, 98/UM, R-1, R-2 and 2002
- Re:Bloody - The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
- Fanatic Waltz ~SNK Heroines Edit~ - SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
- Resonant Objects - The King of Fighters XV
- The Song of Fighters II - Shared image song with other King of Fighters characters
- Believe - NEO-GEO DJ Station 2
- Hazuki Nishikawa - The King of Fighters '97 ~ 2002 UM, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- Erina Seto - The King of Fighters: World ~ present, SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
- Shermie's outfits in battle was designed by herself, being a fashion designer by profession.
- In Neo-Geo Freak 1998, the characters in KOF '98 have their own interviews. Here are Shermie's response to the questions.
- What is your aspiration in this competition? - "Like a power shutter (everyone killed) - like!"
- Who would you like to fight the most? - "Monsieur Nikaido."
- Who would you like to team up with? / Who would you not like to team up with? - "Wouldn't it be good if it were a team centered on breaking. Oh, I like throwing. Then Clark Still, Goro Daimon."
- What is "KOF" for you? - "You can't do it again, right? It's more fun than video games in that regard."
- Finally, please give a word to your fans. - "There are unexpected bonuses for those who came … please wait, Mon Chéri!"
- Shermie's fighting style seems to be based on Joshi Puroresu, that being female Japanese professional wrestling.
- She uses the Diamond Dust move, which is popular in Japan and her bridging German suplexes, specially her Shermie Flash resemble the way joshi wrestlers execute the move.
- The SDM version of the Shermie Flash has her hold her enemies and trying to count to three, if she is successful, the enemy will lose all of their health. This is a nod to the bridging German suplex in wrestling, as it consists in the wrestler execute the move and holding the opponent with his/her shoulders touching the mat. The referee will count to three, and if the opponent does not kick out of the bridge, the match will be finished and the attacker will be the winner.
- Shermie and Ángel are both tied with having the largest bust measurement of all of The King of Fighter females fighters (both clocking in at 92 cm).
- Shermie's new command move for King of Fighters 2002, "Baku New Suplex", is a play on the Japanese slang "bakunyuu", which can be used to imply that a woman has large breasts, referencing her notably large bust size.
- In Neo Geo Freak's August 1998 issue, she was ranked as the 4th best character.
- In SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy, during her intro scene with Kula Diamond, Shermie breaks the fourth wall by mentioning that the last time they've met was in the year 2002, to which Kula is confused by her claim.
- During her boss scene with Yuri, in the same game, both characters breaks the fourth wall together, when mentions indirectly Rugal Bernstein. Yuri says "swears she's heard that someone else say the same thing in the past", referencing the villain intentions with the KOF tournament in The King of Fighters '94, and Shermie says "I wonder if he also going to blow himself up when he loses?", referencing the fact that Rugal blew up his base when defeated, with him inside.
- Orochi Team official character profile from The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match website
- KOF HISTORY: THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98
- KOF HISTORY: THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002
- SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy Artbook, p.40
- Official character page from KOF anniversary website.
- Official character profile from KOF anniversary website.
- Gamest Mook Vol. 117: The King Of Fighters Perfect Art Collection. page 269
- Neo Geo Freak 1998-08 archive The King of Fighters '98 character interviews.
- Neo Geo Freak 1998-08 archive Neo Geo Freak 10 best character set original image collection.