Samurai Shodown V Perfect (サムライスピリッツ零SPECIAL完全版 Samurai Spirits Zero Special Complete Edition ) is the 2nd upgraded version of Samurai Shodown V (following Samurai Shodown V Special), the 13th main installment of the Samurai Shodown series and the ninth game of the official chronology (if considered the non-canonical games). It's an exclusive game for Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection. The game was originally supposed to be the final Neo Geo game but was never previously officially released.
After work on Samurai Shodown V Special, Yuki Enterprise and director Kouji Takaya decided to begin development on a third and final update. Samurai Shodown V Perfect was meant to fix some of the gameplay issues still present in Special as well as introduce new stories for every character. SNK hadn't been told this game was being made, as they were already developing Samurai Shodown VI by this point. In fact, they found out when the game was in location test in one single location, so they immediately ordered V Perfect‘s cancellation. The game was pulled from location test so fast that the director Takaya didn't even have time to get to the site to watch people play before it was pulled.
Necrosoft Games director Brandon Sheffield and SNK employee Adam Laatz discovered a surviving copy of Samurai Shodown V Perfect while he was interviewing Kouji Takaya for the Samurai Shodown NeoGeo Collection. According to SNK, this is the final official game made for the NeoGeo platform.
Set in an alternative timeline by virtue of being a dream match, Kuroko seeks the strongest warriors to participate in a tournament that would be later revealed to be organized by Yoshitora himself. As the game was concurrently being developed along with Samurai Shodown VI, it is highly implied that the character stories in the game is a prelude to the events that would take place in the following game.
- Yoshitora Tokugawa
- Mina Majikina
- Genjuro Kibagami
- Charlotte Christine de Colde
- Hanzo Hattori
- Galford D. Weller
- Jubei Yagyu
- Ukyo Tachibana
- Kyoshiro Senryo
- Tam Tam
- Shizumaru Hisame
- Gaira Caffeine
- Kazuki Kazama
- Sogetsu Kazama
- Liu Yunfei
- Youkai Kusaregedo
All stages of Samurai Shodown V Special, with the Bridge stage serving as stage for Story Mode.
- Brandon Sheffield, Necrosoft Games director reveal that Yuki Enterprise were planning to put Hazuki Kazama in the next game, Samurai Shodown VI, as fans keep asking her to be in. Knowing full-well she's not going to be in it as they're already finishing VI. It was a big bait and switch they were going to pull and only 15 years later that it is to be revealed. 
- ↑ http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~hitokiri/akaSP.htm
- ↑ https://kotaku.com/how-the-makers-of-samurai-shodown-neo-geo-collection-du-1843712664
- ↑ https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/1265472772928462849
- ↑ https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2020/052701/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/1265481946995425281/