Saizo Hattori (破鳥 才蔵) is one of the characters from Power Instinct Matrimelee in the Power Instinct series, having been a prominent character since the first game in the series.
After his participation in the first few Goketsuji Tournaments, Saizo finally has conquered one of his goals: To get rid of his sociophobia! Now he can stand to be without his helmet in front of people (hence why he is no longer wearing it in Matrimelee). He received an invitation for the Matrimelee tournament where the reward for the winner is getting engaged to the King's daughter.
Saizo thought that having a girlfriend would be an important step to becoming a complete and normal man, so he accepted the invitation to participate in the Matrimelee tournament.
Saizo is reclusive and wore his mask and helmet so that he could avoid contact with others, but over the course of the games he has made efforts to overcome this and become a more normal person. He also tends to speak in a code language called "Popapepa" when he doesn't want people to know what he is saying (apparently, only Poochy can understand that language). He likes the word "effort", and considers his mask to be a good luck charm. He is also good friends with Clara Hananokoji and Poochy, and shares a mutual hatred with Keith Wayne.
- Ninjutsu - Saizo can use jutsus to trick and defeat his foes. One notable attack is summoning a shadow clone of himself to attack the enemy.
Saizo, being a ninja, is capable of using quick attacks to confuse and defeat his foes.
- Jonjon Garagara (Jonjon Clattering) - Power Instinct
- Namidano... (Your Tears...) - Power Instinct 2
- Ninja Love, Goketsuji Style - Matrimelee
- Power Instinct
- Power Instinct 2
- Power Instinct Legends
- Power Instinct Matrimelee
- Shin Goketsuji Ichizoku: Bonnou no Kaihou
- Goketsuji Ichizoku Matsuri Senzo Kuyou