SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy (SNKヒロインズ Tag Team Frenzy) is a 2.5D 2-on-2 tag team fighting game and a spiritual successor to SNK Gals' Fighters which also feature various female heroines from the SNK universe.
Set right after the events of The King of Fighters XIV, Kukri's obsession for women caused him to create a pocket dimension where women fighters must survive in his universe and join forces and slug it out with other women, genuine and otherwise...
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy is a 2-on-2 fighting game and can have up to four players clashing in either local play or online.
Utilizing the Spirit Gauge, players can activate Special Moves with a single button, and make use of special items to change the tide of battle. When the Spirit Gauge is low, attacks will be weaker, so players can swap between characters. When enough health has been chipped away from an opponent and their Life Gauge is red, players can use their Dream Finish technique to win the match. It also has universal Air Dash and Jump Cancel.
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy allows spectating of other battles online, and allows viewers to wage on who they think will win using in-game points. Winnings can be used to buy voice clips and over 140 accessories in an all-new costume system, to customize heroines. Each heroine has three base costume choices that can be further accessorized and four different voice sets. Accessories include everything from hats to wings. While these costumes can be used in battles, players can also have their heroines pose for photoshoots with special backgrounds and stamps.
Extra online game functions include Quick Play (can also earn in-game currency here) and an 8-player Room Match.
SNK Original CharactersEdit
- Grand Hall: The hall of the castle where the fighters are imprisoned. Can be seen a red carpet, banners, stained glasses, candelabra, pillars and statues statues referencing Kukri.
- Passageway: A white hall. Can be seen statues, sunlights, chandeliers, chairs, pillars, a big door and wind roses in the floor, besides a portrait of Kukri's win pose in The King of Fighters XIV.
- Courtyard: A balcony, in a sunset. Statues and flower arrangements decorate the stage. Also can be seen doors, stairs and pillars.
- Dining Room: A giant and gorgeous dining salon. Can be seen pillars, the principal dinner table with a bouncing kettle, windows, doors with curtains, a fireplace, a handrail and candlesticks, besides a potrait of Kukri.
- Library: A two-story library with a giant statue of Kukri. Can be seen books on the shelves, in the second floor, stairs giving access to the ground floor, a large stained glass window and lamps, besides flying books and the two doors of the stage.
- Occult Mansion: A balcony falling apart. Can be seen torn banners, pillars, lamps, candlesticks and loose stone tiles, besides a giant statue with hood, containing the energy of the female fighters.
- Audience Chamber: An giant and empty stone arena. Can be spotted big pillars, banners, doors, torches and a throne, besides a energy ball in the background. Associated with Kukri.
- The female version of Terry Bogard that appears in this game appears to be an approximation of his form in SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos after he is hit by Demitri's Midnight Bliss attack.
- For a time, it was thought that the game takes place in an alternate setting after The King of Fighters XIV, with the initial roster mostly consisting of characters from the said game (including Terry, as well as a DLC character Iori Yagami (under his moniker Miss X in this game)). In an interview with Yasuyuki Oda by KOF World, Oda confirms that the game is a canon event (meaning its story carries official implications to featured characters, except obviously for crossover characters), and the series' previously deceased fighters were indeed revived due to Verse's actions.
- However, there has been a continuity error involving Shermie’s character based on her quotes with the rest of the female fighters, such as The King of Fighters 2002, which was non-canon as a dream match game.
- Part of the collaboration with Square Enix’s latest own fighting game adaption of the online free-to-play card game Million Arthur series Arcana Blood, and Arika’s latest original non-licensed-based fighting game Fighting EX Layer, whereas Miss X’s original male identity Iori and original male Terry are the guest characters on each two promoted games respectively, in exchange of having Million Arthur character Thief Arthur and a gender-swapped version of Arika character Skullomania as this game’s guest characters.
- The arcade version titled "SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy AC" started running on Taito's NESiCAxLive 2 on October 11, 2018.
- While the majority of the cast is entirely female, only two males exist in the game: Kukri himself, and Miss X, in 3rd color, as a nod to his original appearance. Other colors of Miss X turns him into an actual female.
- ↑ http://kofworld.com/anime/exclusive-we-talk-to-oda-san-about-snk-heroines-kof-manga-and-anime-and-more/