The compilation was released on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, and the Wii. Several of the included games have been previously individually released via the Wii Virtual Console. Loading issues have been addressed for the Wii disc release.
Between the three versions, the Wii version is considered the definitive one. The PS2 and PSP versions had considerable amounts of slowdown (especially with Shock Troopers on the PSP), compared to the slowdown-free Wii version. The Wii version also supported 480p and 4 different control schemes.
Each game also comes with 8 challenges that when completed award the player with a Medal, getting Medals unlocks Concept Art, Music, Movelists and the final game of the compilation, World Heroes.
- Art of Fighting, released in 1992
- Baseball Stars 2, released in 1992
- Burning Fight, released in 1991
- Fatal Fury, released in 1991
- The King of Fighters '94, released in 1994
- King of the Monsters, released in 1991
- Last Resort, released in 1992
- Magician Lord, released in 1990
- Metal Slug, released in 1996
- Neo Turf Masters, released in 1996
- Samurai Shodown, released in 1993
- Sengoku, released in 1991
- Shock Troopers, released in 1997
- Super Sidekicks 3: The Next Glory, released in 1995
- Top Hunter, released in 1994
- World Heroes, released in 1992 (Unlockable after obtaining 10 medals).