The compilation was released on the PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable (PSP) (SONY), and the Wii Virtual Console (Nintendo). Several of the included games have been previously individually released via the Wii Virtual Console. Loading issues have been addressed for the Wii disc release.
Between the three versions, the Wii version is considered the definitive one. The PS2 and PSP versions had considerable amounts of slowdown (especially with Shock Troopers on the PSP), compared to the slowdown-free Wii version. The Wii version also supported 480p and 4 different control schemes.
Each game also comes with 8 challenges that when completed award the player with a Medal, getting Medals unlocks Concept Art, Music, Movelists and the final game of the compilation, World Heroes 1.
- Note: All the dates listed below are the releases of the games for Arcade.
- Magician Lord, released in April 26, 1990
- Sengoku 1, released in February 12, 1991
- King of the Monsters, released in February 25, 1991
- Burning Fight, released May 20, in 1991
- Fatal Fury 1, released in November 25, 1991
- Last Resort, released in April 24, 1992
- Baseball Stars 2, released April 28, in 1992
- Art of Fighting 1, released in September 24, 1992
- Samurai Shodown I, released in July 7, 1993
- Top Hunter, released in June 24, 1994
- The King of Fighters '94, released in August 25, 1994
- Super Sidekicks 3: The Next Glory, released in March 6, 1995
- Neo Turf Masters, released in January 29, 1996
- Metal Slug I, released in April 18, 1996
- Shock Troopers, released in 1997
- World Heroes 1, released in July 28, 1992 (Unlockable after obtaining 10 medals).