Ryoko Izumo (出雲 良子, Izumo Ryōko) is a character in the World Heroes series. She was inspired by real-life judoka, 2 times Olympic gold medal winner and 7 times world champion, Ryoko Tani. Like Ryoko Kano from the Fighter's History series, the main details from her background are modeled after the title character of the manga series Yawara!.
She is voiced by Mari Kamimura.
Even since her father left her when she was younger, she hasn't seen him in a long time, and therefore has been training under her grandfather for years. She hears of a tournament and enters there to test herself. After the tournament, Ryoko returns home and continues to improve herself ever further.
Ryoko is a disciplined and diligent Japanese judo practitioner and sports superstar who fills the hearts of the people in her hometown with pride. She likes strength in men; for that reason she has openly shown romantic interest in the good-looking and powerful Hanzo, but at the same time she wants to surpass him. She also admires Jeanne, wishing to be just as beautiful but even stronger than her.
- Energy Ball - Ryoko can create an energy ball in her hands.
She uses Jujutsu techniques (which are more focused in real fights).
- Like the Blossoms Scattered by the Dancing Winds - World Heroes 2
- Let's Go Outside - World Heroes 2
- SNK Gals Island Dokidoki Puzzle Shock! 2
- SNK High School Collection
- SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy - in Jeanne's ending
- Official website for Neo Geo Battle Coliseum from the NBC World Heroes Museum.