The Riot of the Blood (血の暴走, Chi no Bōsō, lit. Rampage of Blood) is a fictional physical and psychological transformation that appears throughout the The King of Fighters series fighting games. It was first shown in The King of Fighters '96.
The Riot of the Blood is a circumstance that affects individuals with partial Orochi ancestry in their bloodlines. This condition happens when outer influences or an event makes the Orochi blood in a person resist their normal blood. In most common instances, those afflicted go completely berserk. Those with full Orochi blood, including those who are already insane as Ryuji Yamazaki, are not affected by this uncontrollable state and in some cases, instead boosts their strength and energy without ill effects. Orochi and his followers can directly trigger this within themselves and others.
- Chris of the Flames of Destiny
- Yashiro Nanakase of the Parched Earth
- Shermie of the Insanely Violent Lightning
- Orochi Iori, inherited from the Orochi-cursed Yagami bloodline.
- Orochi Leona, inherited through her father. In her normal form, she uses some of this power actively in her SDMs.
- Aoi Kusanagi (never entered the state, but is susceptible to it)
- Everyone of Yagami (Yasakani) heritage.