Yashiro Nanakase of the Parched Earth (乾いた大地の社, Kawaita Daichi no Yashiro) is the Heavenly King title of Yashiro Nanakase. This is an alternate form of Yashiro that was introduced in The King of Fighters '97 as part of the sub-boss team, alongside Orochi Shermie and Orochi Chris. The inspiration for his Orochi name was taken from the ending song of Combat Mecha Xabungle.
It's not known when Yashiro realized he was a Heavenly King. At the end of the '97 tournament, Yashiro, Shermie, and Chris activate the Riot of the Blood within Leona and Iori Yagami as a part of their plan to resurrect Orochi. When both Leona and Iori are defeated, the New Faces Team reveal themselves as the Heavenly Kings and fight the player's team. When they are defeated, Yashiro and Shermie commit suicide in order to transfer their remaining energy into Chris, thus allowing Orochi to be resurrected back into the living world via possessing Chris' body, but Orochi itself would later be sealed away by the combined efforts of Iori, Kyo Kusanagi, and Chizuru Kagura.
As a Heavenly King, Yashiro gives himself to his master and his goal: destroy humanity.
- Geokinesis - Granted by Orochi, Yashiro is able to control the earth.
- Earthquake - Yashiro can create earthquakes by simply willing them to happen.
- Eruption - Yashiro focus his power and make volcanoes erupt.
- Super Strength - Yashiro is empowered by earth's energy and is able to grab and throw anyone with no apparent effort.
- Seismic Impact - Yashiro empowers his throws by triggering this power. When his opponent reaches the floor after being thrown, Yashiro creates small bursts of energy from the earth beneath them, causing even more damage to his opponent.
- Earth Blast - By touching the ground and absorbing energy from the earth, Yashiro can fire a powerful blast of energy. The longer he absorbs energy from the earth, the more powerful the blast becomes.
- Orochi Power - As a Heavenly King, Yashiro has limited control over the Orochi Power.
- Activate Riot of the Blood - Yashiro can activate the Riot of the Blood in those succeptible to it.
- Syphon - Yashiro can channel energy and transfer it to his master.
- Orochi Energy - Yashiro can use energy from Orochi and transform it into a raw state, making him able to create a pillar of energy, on which a skull appears. He uses it to finish his opponent off.
Yashiro leaves his striking style and gains an entirely grappling-based style, using his now acquired super strength to help him in battle. He mimics Goro Daimon's moves to an extent while maintaining his agility. Like the other Four Kings, his moves are all written using the Cyrillic alphabet.
- Rhythmic Hallucination - The King of Fighters '97, '98, '98 Ultimate Match, R-1, R-2, Sky Stage, Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting
- Violent Fire, Lightning, Earth - The King of Fighters 2002
- Butterfly Emerges from Chrysalis - The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- The King of Fighters '97 - sub boss
- The King of Fighters '98
- The King of Fighters R-1
- The King of Fighters R-2
- The King of Fighters 2002
- The King of Fighters Neowave
- The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
- KOF Sky Stage
- Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting
- Kimi wa Hero
- The King of Fighters: World
- The King of Fighters All Star
- The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Online
- The King of Fighters: Orochi Go
- The King of Fighters: Destiny (Game)
- SNK Fighting Age
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy - in Shermie's ending
- Similar to Ralf Jones' Galactica Phantom, Orochi Yashiro's Armageddon is based on the move Kaoru Hanayama used in his fight against Spec from the manga/anime series Baki the Grappler.
- In regards to such a move, it is never in the same game as his Hoeru Daichi DM. As a result, Orochi Yashiro's entire special moves list has only one DM or uniquely-named move out of the rest that can even hit an airborne foe.