He is voiced by Daisuke Ono.
He was made to replace K9999 in the lineup, presumably due to the copyright issues surrounding his character. Ureshino comments on his personal blog that other key concepts for Nameless were "ninja" and "immediate reaction".
A tragic young man who wishes only to be with his beloved. He locked away his emotions to follow his creators' orders without question with the hope that he can resurrect his lover. In his special intro with Kula Diamond, he mistakes her for Isolde. As such, he's much more subdued, subservient and sentimental than his predecessor. However, he can sometimes slip into anger, such as with his special intro against K' and Kyo, eager to prove his power to his progenitors.
- Pyrokinesis - Due to him containing Kusanagi DNA, he can manipulate genetically altered blood-colored flames. Unlike Kyo, Iori or K', who can generate them in thin air, Nameless has to remove his glove to use the fire.
- Flame Wave - Nameless can create an angled wave of flame in close proximity.
- Flame Shield - Nameless can create a dome-like shield around himself made entirely of fire.
- Flame Thrower - Nameless can fire several bursts of fire at once.
- Flame Pillar - He can create a pillar of fire around himself that covers a large proximity area. Doing so leaves him very fatigued afterward. It is said that a woman appears when he uses this technique...
- Polymorphic Ice Glove - Crafted using Isolde's DNA, the glove keeps his flames pacified due to Isolde being a part of the Anti-K' project.
- Morph - This glove can change into any shape of any size.
- Projection - Isolde, channeled through the glove, can appear when Nameless unleashes his full power. Whether this is an astral or holographic projection remains unknown.
His fighting style is roughly the same as K9999's, with the exception of several aesthetic changes. He relies more on pure instinct and less on his glove, and overall, focuses much more on his flames via removing his glove for brief moments just to access them for a singular attack. All of his techniques are written in the usual technique-name format as opposed to the quote style K9999 uses, albeit with fairly long and methodical names.
Gameplay-wise, he is much more powerful than his predecessor, considered a top-tier character, along with K' and Kasumi Todoh. His moves make use of the infamous pretzel motion most famously used in Geese Howard's Raging Storm.
- Ж' (Zhe Prime) - The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
- The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match - potential mid-boss
- SNK Dream Battle
- KOF X Fatal Fury
- The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Online
- The King of Fighters All Star
- K9999, his retired predecessor.