|Mr. Big||Story||Move List||Gallery||Quotes|
Excessively self-confident, cocky and ambitious, Mr. Big will use any methods he deems necessary to get what he wants, and has no qualms about marking for death (or even killing personally) anyone who dares to defy him. He enjoys the feeling of complete control and the glory that comes with it. He hates being told what to do by others. Mr. Big also seems to enjoy being surrounded by women, often seen with a woman on each arm.
- Electric Stick: Mr. Big can release an electric ray from his sticks, either straight forward, or creating a wave along the floor.
- Burst of Flight: Mr. Big can fly forward completely horizontal for a short duration to attack a foe.
- Projectile Defense: While spinning rapidly with his sticks outward, Mr. Big can defend against (or even deflect back) other character's energy or physical projectile attacks without taking damage.
Big fights using traditional Eskrima, a Filipino martial art under the Arnis system, and shows great mastery of the art (maybe this is due to his military background years prior) despite being a gangster rather than a professional fighter or teacher — though he is consistently portrayed as no match for the Sakazaki family's Kyokugenryu Karate.
His weapon set (commonly dark-brown or black) can also rapidly extend/retract and combine/separate for several of his techniques, as well as being capable of spawning energy projectiles and even electricity. It is made of rattan, a Southeast-Asian vine commonly used in Arnis sticks, and is well-known for durability in combat.
- Blue Moon Factory - Art of Fighting
- Blue Moon Factory - Oh Oh Big Mix - - Art of Fighting 2
- Dust Man - The King of Fighters '96
- Mr. Big - Art of Fighting anime
- Masaru Naka - The King of Fighters '96, The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match, The King of Fighters 2000, The King of Fighters: Kyo
- Nobuyuki Yuki - The King of Fighters XI, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- Iemasa Kayumi - Art of Fighting anime
- Cliff Lazenby - Art of Fighting anime (English voice)
- Yūki Ono - King of Fighters movie (Japanese voice)
- Yuki Arai - The King of Fighters: Destiny, The King of Fighters All Star
- Aya Saito - The King of Fighters All Star (as the Female Version)
Live Action Actors
- Mr. Big's real name is never fully revealed, though John Crawley's bio in the manual for the first Art of Fighting makes reference to his combat buddy "James", who saved him after being shot. The manual for the Super NES version confirms that it was indeed Mr. Big who rescued John Crawley and that his first name starts with a J.
- During his original appearance in the first Art of Fighting, Mr. Big was incapable of jumping or crouching; he had a special technique (a rolling stick thrust which is very similar to Street Fighter character Vega's Rolling Crystal Flash) whose command has never been found by players. The only way Mr. Big could avoid a ground projectile would be to launch his Cross Diving special technique carefully and precisely timed, he is forced to block regular projectiles. He has gained the ability to jump since then.
- His uppercut arc special attack, California Romance, is highly reminiscent of a technique used by Samurai Shodown character Jubei Yagyu, covering horizontal ground before going into anti-air motion. Meanwhile his aerial spinning motion dive, Cross Diving, looks nearly identical to Street Fighter character M. Bison's iconic Psycho Crusher, sans the energy projection.
- Prior to his appearance in the KOF series, he is voiced wholly in English by a non-Japanese, and he does not say any lines in Japanese.