He is a clone of Orochi made by WAREZ. It is unknown how he was exactly created, but it is implied that he possessed a part of Orochi's spirit. The body he possesses is a black-haired boy, believed to not be of Orochi blood. If he is defeated, his body will disintegrate, unable to contain the deity's power any longer. In his ending, the spirit part of the deity merges with its host and releases Orochi in the world again. Mizuchi was a Soul Gaia and he will let them return to nothingness.
In contrast to the Orochi, who still holds some regard for humans, Mizuchi is arrogant with power, he loathes "humans" and seeks to end their existence.
As he is a clone of Orochi, he uses powers that are similar to his.
- Energy Projectile - Mizuchi can release a projectile of energy from his hands.
- Energy Pillar - Mizuchi can create a pillar of energy from the ground.
- Light - Mizuchi can create a powerful light that damages the enemy.
- Damage Soul - Mizuchi can penetrate the enemy's soul, take a part of it and crush it.
- Superhuman Strength - Mizuchi has superhuman strength.
- Cutting Powers - Mizuchi has cutting powers (slashing hands, cutting aura, slashing projectile).
Mizuchi fights mainly with his powers. As he levitates, he is a long-ranged fighter. His powers maintain a snowflake motif, a nod to his name "Mizu", which means water in Japanese. However, the dark projectiles which Orochi employed (when it possessed Chris) are no longer available, though a majority of its moves are relatively the same with the exact kanji used and alternate character readings displayed as well.
- The Mind of Origin ~ Mizuchi - Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- Despite Mizuchi's first playable appearance being in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, his sprite is actually derived from Orochi's from The King of Fighters 2002 during Orochi Chris' HSDM/MAX2DM.