Miss X is actually Iori Yagami in a sailor dress and a ninja mask. He fails to fool any character with his disguise and they all point this fact out immediately. He is the one hosting the Queen of Fighters tournament.
When you play Miss X, it's suggested that the second Miss X (boss) is actually Kyo. However, his fighting style is the same.
In SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy, which is actually Miss X’s canon debut, Kukri's power over the pocket dimension allows him to turn Miss X into a genuine female, which is much the same as Terry Bogard and guest character Skullomania when they were pulled into his dimension. However Miss X's third outfit leaves him as an actual male in reference to his original appearance and design. In his ending, Miss X have nightmare on reconciling his rivalry with Kyo into more friendly term, before waking as his real-life identity, Iori, watches Kyo being interviewed on TV and shortly becoming embarrassed from a ridiculous nightmare he had.
He is changed to be a somewhat more lighthearted character to fit his debut game. No longer the same serious man he was, he is actually goofy. Instead of being taken seriously by the tournament's competitors, he is often mocked or questioned for his flimsy disguise.
His personality in SNK Heroines remains unchanged from his normal personality, despite being transformed into a female. His more dire aspects of his heritage (such as his potentially short life and Riot of the Blood) is downplayed here.
Due to his character ending in SNK Heroines, it has been humorously insinuated that his hatred for Kyo may be just a prideful facade, likening it to a Tsundere archetype.
- Pyrokinesis - Due to his Yagami heritage, Iori can control fire. He can create a bright purple fire from thin air, create fire balls, deliver punches of fire, create pillars of fire and put his own body on fire. His fire also has the sacred ability to put enemies in a stasis-like state. He is not immune to other types of fire. He cannot control other fires that he didn't create.
He fights with the same fighting style, though with a few changes. Ya Otome will make him attack his opponent with a knife and fork (in the manner of the KOF '96-'98 and KOF 2002 SDM version where Orochi's prescene is at large, canon or non-canon), while Tsumagushi and Ori Tsumagushi involve him using a credit card to slash his foe, with the former being renamed Kagi Tsumagushi (Hooking Claw Comb) and the latter being renamed Orimaga Tsumagushi (Turning Down Claw Comb). His Kuzukaze however, is written as "Kudzu Wind" instead of "Scum Wind" in kanji.
Miss X also has a new super known as Ura 901 Shiki: Yatsukahagi (Reverse Method 901: Nine Bundles Shank) involves him running over his foe with his moped, then flanking them with a sliding crash.
Overall, this version of Iori tends to posses a movelist reminiscent of his KOF 98 and 99 counterparts combined.
- Takanori Hoshino - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (original cross-dressing form)
- Chisa Horii - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (gender swap/true female form)
- Vs MissX from SNK GAL'S FIGHTERS ~SNK HEROINES Edit~ - SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy (when she is choosen as attacker in all modes)
- Stormy Saxophone Under the Moon - SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy (in Customization Mode)
- SNK Gals' Fighters
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy (DLC character, both true female and original cross-dressing forms)
- Kimi wa Hero
- SVC Chaos: SNK vs Capcom - when Orochi Iori is hit by Demitri's Midnight Bliss, he transforms into Miss X.
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match - background cameo in Japan High School Stage