According to the game's creators, similar to Yoshitora Tokugawa to Haohmaru, Mina was created to be the "polar opposite to Nakoruru" and as the "new heroine" to the series.  They extended these keywords to everything, including fighting style, weaponry, hair color and clothing. Though she drifted slightly away from her original image, Mina became a favorite to them and they expressed an interest to implement her into more games.  She has made an outside appearance in the spin off series Queen's Gate.
She is blessed since birth with powerful spiritual energy and was sent away from her home to train in the art of exorcising demons. Her village revered her as a kaminchu (goddess) but also shunned her as they were in fear of her powers. As a result of her isolation, Mina is unable to express emotions.
One day, she departs her village to destroy an ayakashi (a certain kind of yokai). Upon her victory, she senses a powerful and evil force in her village but returns to see everything in ruins and all the inhabitants dead. In the wreckage, she finds a seemingly harmless being named Chample to whom she grew to endear. Taking her new friend in her arms, she is determined to eliminate as many demons as possible, starting with Gaoh. However, she eventually comes to the conclusion that Chample is the demon that destroyed her village. In her ending, she kills Chample to avenge the villagers; it's then implied that she commits suicide afterwards.
On Samurai Shodown VI she goes after her father (who died a long time ago).
Mina is a withdrawn and introverted maiden. She distrusts people, unsure of how to act around others without being suspicious of them.
- Energy Arrow - Mina can shoot arrows fueled with ki energy.
Mina is the first archer character to grace the character lineup. Players need to keep her enemies at bay with her various archery skills as she has little means of defending herself in close range combat.
Unlike other animal companions, Chample is used less for attacking purposes and mostly remains as a mascot character, participating in battle through background animations and noises. Several moves do include him though, like 'Good night Chample' in which Mina puts him to sleep, stopping his movement and sounds. Because he seldom helps Mina in her fights, he has been called "annoyingly cute" by critics.
- Butterfly - Samurai Shodown V
- Scarlet Scar - Days of Memories (Kaze Maou Miyako de Tsukamaete!)
- Satsuki Yukino - Samurai Shodown V
- Tsumugi Ōsawa - Samurai Shodown VI
- Rie Tanaka - Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos
- Samurai Shodown V
- Samurai Shodown V Special
- Samurai Shodown VI
- Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos
- Samurai Shodown (2019) - DLC character
- Days of Memories (Ōedo Ren'ai Emaki, Kaze Maiu Miyako de Tsukamaete!) - unplayable
- SNK Gals Island Jintori Puzzle Miseteagemasu
- Kingdom Story
- Samurai Shodown: Oborozuki Densetsu
- Dark Avenger X
Kyoutou Kotoba RPG Kotodaman
- SNK Fighting AGE
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 SNK Playmore. "Samurai Spirits V Creators Commentary". Web Archive from Samurai Shodown V page (in Japanese). Archived from the original on December 7, 2003.