Michael Max (マイケル・マックス Maikeru Makkusu) is a video game character from the Fatal Fury fighting game series. His appearance resembles real-life boxer Mike Tyson. He is still remembered by fans even though he doesn't appear in later games. He is also the friend and student of Axel Hawk.
Michael is a former heavy weight boxer champion. He was unbeatable for the title and was predicted to keep it for many years to come. However, Michael also participated in street fighting and nearly killed a man in one of his matches. Once the sports world caught word of it, he was revoked of his title and kicked out of the boxing circuit. He participates in the King of Fighters tournament for the thrill and to reclaim his lost glory before the world. Sadly, Michael was beaten in the course of the tournament by either Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard or Joe Higashi.
After the events in Fatal Fury, he is helping retrain Axel Hawk. This is evident in Axel's ending in Fatal Fury Special -where Michael is timing Axel's jogging- and later confirmed in the Garou Densetsu: SNK Fan Collection disc bundled with Real Bout Fatal Fury Special: Dominated Minds.
Michael Max's personality is very obscure. Even more than Hwa Jai's. He seems to think high of himself, but he's not a bad person. He also seems to be a devout Catholic, as he makes the Sign of the Cross every time he wins a fight (or rather, a round).
- Hurricane Attack: He can create a mini hurricane that moves forward with an uppercut, which he calls the Tornado Upper. Axel Hawk uses a similar move, and as the two have trained together it's likely the moves are related.
- Survival: He has a lot of experience on how to survive in the slums of Southtown.
Michael uses traditional Boxing moves.
- Umi ga Shitteiru (The Sea Knows) - Fatal Fury
- Fatal Fury: King of Fighters, CPU character
- Fatal Fury 2 - listed as one of the characters defeated by Krauser
- Fatal Fury Special - in Axel's ending
- Days of Memories (fourth title) - passing mention by Terry
- Garou Densetsu The Legend of Wild Wolf
- Garou Densetsu Special
- The King of Fighters XV - background cameo