He is voiced by Seira Ryu.
Meitenkun is a heavy sleeper who is very carefree and calm. He rarely exerts himself, often preferring to nap instead. Tung and Shun'ei consider him an exceptional fighter, but their praise doesn't appear to go to his head. Whether this is due to cockiness or laziness is unknown; not much fazes his relaxed exterior.
Despite his behavior, he cares deeply for his master and best friend. He's a brilliant strong fighter and often wins, as Shun'ei notes after losing to Meitenkun many times.
- Ergokinesis: Meitenkun has an incredible power of energy, that he uses when gathering chi energy from Gaia.
- Sleeping technique: Meitenkun's sleeping technique has given him strong control over chi, even stronger than that of his master.
- Energy Pillow: Meitenkun can infuse chi into his pillow for a projectile attack.
- Multiple Kicks - Meitenkun can perform multiple kicks in succession as seen in his Ressenkyaku.
- Superhuman strength: It is believed that brain limits most humans to using only 30% of their full strength but by making his brain fall asleep, Meitenkun can make use of 100% of his full strength.
His fighting style was named Hakkyokuminminken (Eight Extremities Sleepy Fist) by Tung, which focuses on a style of martial art akin to Drunken Fist and explosive martial arts in tandem. This often gives Meitenkun a rather erratic fighting style.
As a variant of Hakkyokuseiken, Meitenkun shares some of his techniques with Tung, though used in a different fashion. Meitenkun's Ressenkyaku is an aerial barrage of kicks as opposed to a command grab, and his Geki Hou is an invincible reversal.
He conceals enough energy to earn himself the title of "Tung's Secret Weapon" (桐の秘密兵器).
- Inheritance - The King of Fighters XIV
- Under the Control of... - The King of Fighters XV
- Sobagaramakura - The King of Fighters XV (as Shun'ei's opponent)
- The pronunciation of his name in Mandarin Chinese roughly translates as "sleepy everyday".
- During the KOF XV Open Beta, Meitenkun was not among the available playable characters to use, but he did appear as a playable character only in Practice Mode. To play with him, it's necessary to download and pause the beta, and then press the PlayStation L3 button when the player enters in it.