Here is a list of quotes for Mai Shiranui.
|不知火舞、参ります！(Shiranui Mai, mairi masu!)||Mai Shiranui, has appeared!|
|かかってらっしゃい！ (Kakatte rasshai!)||Come at me!|
|どうしたの？ (Dō shita no?)||What's the matter?|
|ほら、頑張って！ (Hora, ganbatte!)||Hey, there! Don't give up!|
|風車崩し (Fuusha Kuzushi)||Destruction from the Gales|
|夢桜 (Yume Zakura)||The Enchanting Cherry|
|花蝶扇 (Kachou Sen)||Flower Butterfly Fan|
|龍炎舞 (Ryuu Enbu)||Waltz of the Fire Dragon|
|白鷺の舞 (Hakuro no Mai)||Dance of the Snow Heron|
|必殺忍蜂 (Hissatsu Shinobi Bachi)||Lethal Swarm of the Unseen Assassins|
|ムササビの舞 (Musasabi no Mai)||Dance of the Great Flying Squirrel|
|超必殺忍蜂 (Chou Hissatsu Shinobi Bachi)||Super Deadly Ninja Bees|
|陽炎の舞 (Kagerou no Mai)||Dance of the Heat Haze|
|一つ, 二つ, 三つ! (Hitotsu, futatsu, mittsu!)||One, two, three!|
|不知火究極奥義 (Shiranui Kyuukyoku Ougi)||Shiranui Ultimate Secret Technique|
|不知火流忍法 (Shiranui-ryuu Ninpou)||Shiranui Style Ninja Art|
|よ！日本一(1)！ (Yo! Nippon Ichi!)||Yes! Japan's best!|
|このていどだな、ね? (Kono teido dana, ne?)||That's all you can do?|
|十年早いわ (Juu-nen hayai wa)||You're ten years too early.|
Fatal Fury 2Edit
- "Fight to the death! That's the way of the Ninja. Prepare for death."
- "Is that all your power?"
- "Living under defeat is humilating. It's suitable for you."
- "My fist is a gale. No one will stop it."
- "No doubt you're a burning man. But you can't stop me on guts alone."
- "A girl as pretty, and tough as me just has to win!"
- "Now you realize, I'm the real one." (vs. Herself)
- (Mai did her victory pose after defeating Krauser)
- May 15, 1993. Mai Shiranui becomes the strongest in the world.
- Mai: "Oh, Andy, I'll make you my disciple."
Fatal Fury SpecialEdit
- "Babe?! You're about to sing soprano, pal."
- "Don't hold back, Andy. Come on to me." (vs. Andy)
- "So you're Andy's brother. You don't look so tough." (vs. Terry)
- "I told you. No one calls me babe without paying for it."
- "Sorry, Andy!" (vs. Andy)
- "Dear. Are you okay, Gramps?" (Vs. Jubei/Tung)
- Mai: "Maybe I should be a bit less masculine."
Fatal Fury 3Edit
- "Hey, Andy, tell me about the scrolls. If you try not to, it's Knuckle Fest '95 time." (vs. Andy)
- "Capoeira athletes have a habit of disappearing around here. Be warned, and listen good." (vs. Bob)
- "You must be a friend of those guys in the black suits. Pass over the secret scrolls!!!" (vs. Franco)
- "You're Geese Howard? Those three guys are in for trouble after this little bout." (vs. Geese)
- "Oh no! You've copied my new costume too!" (vs. Herself)
- "What? Yamazaki? Hey, speak English, fool! I can't hear a thing you're trying to say!" (vs. Hon Fu)
- "Not you too, Joe! I don't want to go back to Japan! I want action...and pizza!" (vs. Joe)
- "You've already lost in the beauty department. Care to continue your losing streak?" (vs. Mary)
- "You look like a Mochizuki in that costume. Hey, you are a Mochizuki!" (vs. Sokaku)
- "Terry, baby! Don't tell me a slab of beefcake like you holds the secret scrolls!" (vs. Terry)
Pre-Battle vs. Jin Chonshu
- Mai: "What is going on here?"
- Chonshu: "Wow, you sure took care of Yamazaki. A true successor to the House of Shiranui! However, your puny 400 year history comes to an end in a moment. The strength and blood of 2200 years strengthens my body and energizes my limbs! After I find the three secret scrolls, the Jin line will become immortal! All my enemies shall feel my wrath. The world will quake in the shadow of my power!"
Pre-Battle vs. Jin Chonrei
- Chonrei: "What...? Little brother...? My cute, cherubic little brother... You'll never leave here alive, mousse head!"
- "Wow, that was quick!"
- "C'mon, Andy. Joe told me about the scrolls. What's your involvement in this?" (vs. Andy)
- "You pack quite a punch, sister. I have a lot to learn about my own femininity." (vs. Blue Mary)
- "Thanks for showing me about Capoeira. Quite an impressive way of fighting. Not!" (vs. Bob)
- "Hey, aren't you Franco Bash? The current King of Kick? How about an autograph?" (vs. Franco)
- "You're Geese Howard?! Andy said you bit the big one and here you are... Whoops, were." (vs. Geese)
- "Oh, take a rest, slimy!" (vs. Herself)
- "I don't know what Cheng told you about me, but tell him to keep his filthy mouth shut!" (vs. Hon Fu)
- "What do you mean, secret scrolls? C'mon, Joe, cough it up or I tell Andy!" (vs. Joe)
- "Mochizuki, huh? My grandfather would whine about you guys all the time. Not so tough, huh?" (vs. Sokaku)
- "So you must be the guy who blabbed to Andy about the scrolls. Bigmouth!" (vs. Terry)
After defeating Yamazaki
- Yamazaki: "Heh, heh, heh. Not bad for a bodacious broad. Later, babe!"
- Mai: "Hey, get your male chauvinist backside back here! Just who does he think he is? Hey, where did Andy go?"
After defeating Yamazaki again
- Mai: "Okay, pal. Hand over the scrolls. I know you have them in your slimy clutches."
- Yamazaki: "Sorry, hon. If you want them, you'll have to hop on over to Delta Park. Good luck, toots."
- (Yamazaki loses consciousness)
- (Somewhere in Delta Park)
- ?: "Mai Shiranui.... Why not just kick back and let's make ourselves comfortable."
- Mai: "What in...? Hey!"
- The blood of the Jins is the blood of death. It could only, in the end, conclude this way. January 1, 1995. Mai Shiranui rids the world of all its evil Jins! The delusions of the Jins were just that. Immortality...the last refuge of corruption!
- Mai: Andy, I won so you have to come back to Japan with me. Andy? Andy! You promised, weasel!"
Real Bout Fatal FuryEdit
- "Ahem, try reading the Shiranui scrolls, OK?" (vs. Andy)
- "In Ninja Arts, we Shiranui have no equal. Got it?" (vs. Billy)
- "Don't forget, Bob. If I win, you buy me dinner later. Hee, hee." (vs. Bob)
- "Wow, you're pretty strong for a rug rat. For a moment, I thought I was going to lose." (vs. Chonrei)
- "I'm pretty strong, junior. You understand that, right?" (vs. Chonshu)
- "Next time, let's just have a dance contest. Ouch!" (Vs. Duck King)
- "Wow, you were tough, gramps. I'm drained. Phew!" (vs. Franco)
- "With moves like mine, Geese will be history!" (vs. Geese)
- "Yes! Call me No. 1!" (vs. Hon Fu)
- "All that alligator meat has made you weak!" (vs. Joe)
- "You were tough, but no match for the mighty Shiranui. Whoa, ho, ho." (vs. Kim)
- "Thank God I'm single!" (vs. Herself)
- "Wow, losing to you would be an insult. So I guess I won't lose, cutey!" (vs. Mary)
- "Now you know what it's like to fight a Shiranui!" (vs. Sokaku)
- "Whaddya think? Great, huh?" (vs. Terry)
- "Well, who's next?" (vs. Yamazaki)
Pre-Final Battle DialogueEdit
- Mai: "Well, Geese, I'll serve you up really nice."
- Geese: "You'll regret coming this far. But I'm kinda happy, Ms. Mai!"
Real Bout Fatal Fury SpecialEdit
- Mai: Time for a little trip, eh, Andy?
- Andy: With me? W, why?
- Mai: Stop that whining and follow me, fool!
- Andy: Yes, ma'am!
- "Oooh, too much! I love victory!"
- "Andy, you're not much yourself lately!" (vs. Andy)
- "If that's all you got, give up now." (vs. Billy)
- "Yes, I'm simply tough and cute!" (vs. Blue Mary)
- "Take off some tons, porker!" (vs. Cheng)
- "I am one fabulous babe!" (vs. Chonrei/Chonshu)
- "Shame on you! Always flirting!" (vs. Duck King)
- "You're no Andy Bogard, silly!" (vs. EX Andy)
- "And that's for roughing up Andy!" (vs. Geese)
- "And I'm loads cuter than you!" (vs. Herself)
- "Grope me again and you're history!" (vs. Joe)
- "Hey, take it easy there!" (vs. Krauser)
- "Yaaah! You're a scary beast, you!" (vs. Laurence)
- "Mochizuki-style has no style!" (vs. Sokaku)
- "For a Bogard, you're pathetic!" (vs. Terry)
- "Gee, you're one tough geezer!" (vs. Tung Fu Rue)
- "Whoa! I'm still shaking!" (vs. Yamazaki)
Real Bout Fatal Fury 2Edit
- "Look at my outfit! I hate doing the laundry!"
- "You OK? Sorry... I wasn't even trying!"
- "Sweetness is your weakness, Andy!" (vs. Andy)
The King of Fighters '94Edit
- "Women are the final weapon!" (vs. Brazil Team)
- "How did you like my ninja tricks?" (vs. China Team)
- "Are you trying to copy us?" (vs. England Team)
- "You've all gotten weaker!" (vs. Italy Team)
- "What a weak little fellow!" (vs. Japan Team)
- "How did you like my technique?" (vs. Korea Team)
- "Men I know are much stronger!" (vs. Mexico Team)
- "Never underrate women again!" (vs. USA Team)
Arranged Sound Trax album (Ne!)Edit
- Yuri: "The song is very bright! It suits us!"
- Mai: "It may be the brightest of all songs in the album... Like a flower that blooms on the battlefield."
- King: "I'm glad they extended the song compared to the original."
- Mai: "Japan is number one!"
- Yuri: "Uh... We're in the United Kingdom, Mai..."
The King of Fighters '95Edit
- "Another blow for ninja ladyhood has been struck today. Banzai!"
- "I thought you were stronger than that. Bummer city!"
- "Trapped in my spell of beauty, another peasant bites the dust!"
The King of Fighters '96Edit
- "Cheer up,buckos! There's always next time!"
- "You did pretty well. You actually touched me!"
- "You'll need more than that to beat a Shiranui ninja!"
- "When I put my mind to it it's a piece of cake!" (Game Boy Version)
The King of Fighters '97Edit
|Nengu no osame toki yo, Andy!'*||Marry me now, Andy!*|
- Intro (vs. Andy)
The King of Fighters '98Edit
- "With a body and strength like this, you thought you had a chance?"
The King of Fighters '99Edit
- "We're you too easy, you ask? You're too weak to be 'easy!'"
The King of Fighters 2000Edit
- "I'm hot this year. It just might be my millennium."
- "Get back here! One more match!"
The King of Fighters 2001Edit
- "Didn't someone once say, Power becomes the lady?"
- "I wanted to feel it more. I'm a little disappointed..."
- "You really can't complain about my shape, can you?"
- "You underestimate me, Andy. I'm no slam dunk!" (vs. Andy)
- "And that's for ditching me!" (vs. Fatal Fury Team)
- "Yeah, yeah, ESP. I know. If you had it, you'd be tough." (vs. Psycho Soldier Team)
- "My foe is thwarted. Super Babe triumphs again!" (vs. Angel)
The King of Fighters 2002Edit
- "Hey! Don't touch the talent!"
- "Caught your fancy. Eh! Sorry. I'm Andy's!
- "Did that hurt? Sorry about that.
- "Hey, Andy. I won. You can kneel down on one knee now!" (vs. Andy)
- "Now you guys tell me this: Tie the knot, you fool!" (vs. Terry/Joe)
- "Get serious! You thought that costume would really work?"(vs. Angel)
- "OK, gumshoe, now about following Andy...." (vs. Vanessa/Seth)
The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited MatchEdit
- "Float like a butterfly, sting like a Shiranui!"
The King of Fighters 2003Edit
- "Your desperate tactics can't defeat the Shiranui!"
- "Oh, my. What's wrong? You gotta try harder!"
- "Now do you understand? I've both beauty and ability!"
- "Elusive, protean! My moves dazzled you silly, right?"
- "I'd rethink your outfit. Huh? Is that new underwear?" (vs. Joe)
- "Your moves have improved. I just squeaked by!" (vs. Leona)
- "Andy isn't here because you're losing it, blondie!!!" (vs. Terry)
- "Andy, are you in that mask? ...No, it can't be. 'sigh.'" (vs. Tizoc)
The King of Fighters XIEdit
- "Andy, you fool! We could've had some fun. Sigh. I wish he'd come here first..."
- "Clad in flame, I dance in splendor! Get it? I'm not just a cute face!"
- "Did you enjoy the elegant dance of the Shiranui flame?"
- "How'd you like a humble Japanese woman who fights? ...My strength adds to my beauty, you know!"
- "Huh? Stop it! You lost because you keep checking me out!"
- "Owww! That hurt! If something happens to this beautiful body, it's the world's loss!"
- "Sigh... If only Andy were here beside me..."
- "What, you're already tired? I was just getting started!"
- "Still the same chipper guy, I see..." (vs. Duck King)
- "So, what do you think? I'd say you're clearly outclassed! Heh heh!" (vs. Eiji)
- "You've got a long way to go!" (vs. Malin)
- "Ugh! Why does your brother have to be so stubborn?!" (vs. Terry)
The King of Fighters XIIIEdit
|"Shiranui Mai！Sanjou!"||"Shiranui Mai! Present!"|
|Japanese||English translation||Occurs when/during|
|Andy Bogard||"Andy, yokumo yatta wane!"||"Andy, how dare you do that!"||Wake up|
|Andy Bogard||"Makerare nain dakara!"||"I can't possibly lose"||Wake up|
|Andy Bogard||"Ikaga Kashira?"||"Satisfied with this?"||K.O with Shiranui-Ryuu ・ Kunoichi-No-Mai|
|"Andy, mattete ne!"||"You just wait, Andy!"||K.O with Shiranui-Ryuu ・ Kunoichi-No-Mai|
|"Yokumo yatta wane"||"How dare you do that"||Wake up|
Pre-Battle Dialogues (Story Mode)Edit
Women Fighters Team
- King: "We're almost at the venue."
- Yuri: "Hey, Mai, it's been a while since you fought, hasn't it? Are you sure you're up for this?"
- Mai: "Now this is unexpected! You think I've been slacking off or something?"
- Yuri: "No no, that's not what I mean. It's just that, you know, I've been practicing really hard..."
- Mai: "I see. But Yuri, don't make the mistake of thinking I'm at the same level I used to be. Why don't we warm up, and I'll show you how rusty I am. I bet I could easily take on the both of you!"
- King: "Wait, since when am I involved in this?"
- Yuri: "Really? Are you sure about this, Mai?"
- Mai: "Sure! This'll be a good chance for us to test each other's skills! Bring it, ladies!"
- Yuri: "All right, you asked for it!"
- King: "*Sigh* I hope this doesn't end with us forfeiting the tournament..."
Art of Fighting Team
- Takuma: "You stubborn girl! you entered the tournament again! I didn't even give you my permission!"
- Yuri: "Oh, just deal with it already, Dad! I can take care of myself!"
- Mai: "Calm down, Yuri."
- Robert: "Yes, there's no need to get upset here, Master."
- King: "Perhaps you should be more considerate of your farther, Yuri. He's just worried about you because of the many times he hasn't been able to look out for you."
- Takuma: "Precisely! What a keen eye! That's why I like you! You should be more like her, Yuri!"
- Ryo: "Dad, Yuri's a grown-up now. Why do you have such a hard time admitting that, huh?"
- Yuri: "Ryo..."
- Mai: "Oh, how cuuute! Is that some brotherly love there?"
- King: "Maybe you should take your own advice, Ryo? Don't take it so easy on your little sister."
- Ryo: "What?"
- Takuma: "(Huh...!?)"
- Ryo: "I'm just looking out for her, trying to get Dad off her back."
- King: "Well, maybe she doesn't need you to do that anymore. She can fight her own battles."
- Robert: "(I don't like where this is going...)"
- Ryo: "What's gotten into you, King? This is family business, all right?"
- King: "You're just going to dodge the issue like that? I tell you, men these days..."
- Yuri: "(This isn't good!)"
- Ryo: "Who do you think you..."
- Yuri: "I'm sorry, Dad! I wanted to tell you, honest! But I just couldn't..."
- Takuma: "O-Okay! As long as you're sorry. We'll let this slide this time! Right, Ryo?"
- Ryo: "Huh? I wasn't angry with her in the first place..."
- Robert: "Fantastic! Must be amazing to be part of such a wonderful family! Right, King?"
- King: "Well, whatever works for them, I guess..."
- Takuma: "Well then, Yuri, show me what you've learned!"
- Yuri: "All right, here goes!"
- Robert: "Wake up, you two! The fight is starting!"
- Ryo/King: "Wh-Wha...!?"
- Mai: "Wow. This is an amazing team here..."
Fatal Fury Team
- Mai: "Hey, Andy! What a shame we're not on the same team, huh? But let's not go easy on each other, okay?"
- Andy: "Of course, Mai! We'll make this a fight to remember!"
- Mai: "*giggle* Oh, by the way, Andy... Did you know the hotel we're staying at is known as a legendary wedding location?"
- Andy: "What? What are you talking about, Mai!?"
- Terry: "Yo, Karate Girl! Have you been training properly?"
- Yuri: "You know it! I've got all your moves totally figured out!"
- Terry: "Is that so? Every single one of my moves, huh? OK! This should be interesting!"
- Joe: "L-Look at the two of them, drooling over each other like that..."
- King: "What's the matter, boxer boy? Are you jealous?"
- Joe: "Quiet, you! I'm gonna make you pay for those words! I'll show you! I'm the best around, no one's gonna ever bring me down! I'm the greatest!"
- Maxima: "Hello there, ladies. You're looking gorgeous, as usual."
- Mai: "Why, thank you! Flattery won't get you anywhere in this tournament, though!"
- Maxima: "Well, that's a shame, I guess. What are we gonna do now, buddy?"
- K': "Leave me out of this. What a pain in the ass..."
- King: "Nice to see you're as cheerful as ever."
- K': "Shut up and leave me alone!"
- Mai: "What a waste. The ladies would be all over you if you just smiled a little, you know?"
- K': "I don't care."
- Yuri: "Come on, try to laugh for us. Just this once! Like this!"
- Kula: "Heeheehee ,yeah, try for me, too!"
- K': "You look like like an idiot..."
- Yuri: "Tha'ts rude!"
- Kula "I'm not an idiot! You're just shy , K'!"
- K': "I am not..."
- King: "Oh! It all makes sense now!"
- Mai: "Shy!? Awwww! See? You do have a cute side to you!"
- Maxima: "Give the man a break ,ladies. Our buddy just isn't a people person. Right , K'?"
- K': "I'm going to burn the whole lot of you!"
Psycho Soldiers Team
- Yuri: "Hey, Athena, isn't it hard being an idol? I mean, you can't hang out with friends in public or date and stuff, right?"
- Athena: "Yeah, there are some restrictions on my personal life... But I'm happy to be an idol, so I can accept those inconveniences!"
- Mai: "But you're still so young! You should date! Love makes you prettier and stronger!"
- King: "Oh, here we go. Again with the Andy stories..."
- Yuri: "Hey, what about you, King!?"
- King: "W-What are you talking about!?"
- Yuri: "You've gotten a lot prettier ever since you started seeing my brother."
- King: "D-Don't be ridiculous! Well, what about you? What's going on between you and Robert?"
- Chin: "Hohoho, that brings back memories. I remember when I first met granny..."
- Athena: "It's so nice that you all have someone special to talk so passionately about. I wish I could have someone like that in my life..."
- Kensou: "Hey, wait a minute! You have me, Athena!"
- Athena: "Huh? You don't count, Kensou you're like a friend, or an ally or something."
- Mai: "Oh, poor Kensou♪ He's stuck in "just friends" jail."
- Kensou: "Could you all shut up for a second? Athena, I really lo...l-lo...lo-lo-lo-lo!"
- Athena: "Kensou! Not in front of everyone else!"
- Yuri: "Oh? That's a suspicious response! Was that all an act just now?"
- Athena: "W-What? There wasn't anything suspicious..."
- Kensou: "Athena, I lo-lo... luhhhhh!"
- Athena: "Oh, give it a rest already, Kensou! Look, it's time to fight now, okay? Let's go!"
- Mai: "That's a shame... Still no progress this time, eh?"
- Chin: "Hoho! That's youth for you!"
- Mai: "I finally found you! Why don't you ever wanna be teammates!?"
- Andy: "M-Mai? No, I, uh... It's just... you see... Oh, I know! Instead of being on the same team, I thought it would be to our mutual benefit if we fought each other as enemies, so we could both hone our skills!"
- Mai: "That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard! When we get back to the dojo, I'm gonna hurt you in places you never knew existed!"
- Ash: "I'm getting so tired of dealing with every single idiot here. Do me a favor, and get lost already."
- Mai: "Just admit you're afraid to lose to me! You know what, what if I promised to go easy on you?"
- Ash: "Oh, you're asking for it now... This is more trouble than its worth, but okay, let's do it!"
- Mai: "A sailor uniform... That takes me back... I remember when I was a school girl and I... ... Wait, you're making me sound like an old hag here! Stop that!
- Athena: "B-but, Mai. I didn't even say anything..."
- Mai: "Get ready, Mr. Ladies' Man! My Shiranui flames will make you hot and bothered but not in the way you like!"
- Benimaru: "Sorry, kitten! But that's not gonna happen! The sparks that will fly between us will leave you so charged that your legs will grow weak."
- Mai: "Still, I can't believe something like this could actually happen...."
- Billy: "Huh? What are you talkin' about, woman!? And why are you starin' at me like that!?"
- Mai: "I just can't believe a twisted individual like you could have such a sweet and innocent little sister.... Hey, are you sure you two are actually related? Maybe your mom was really good friends with the mailman or something...?"
- Billy: "Shut up! Oh, you're gonna pay for that one, woman! I'll mash you into a pulp and dump you in South Town Bay!"
- Chin: "Hoo, that's a lovely sight to behold! I'm sure glad I managed to live this long! But tell me something... Do you wear those breezy, fluttering clothes all year? Don't you catch a cold in the winter?"
- Mai: "Uh... No, I guess... Can we just get on with this fight?"
- Clark: "Could you do me a favor and let our ladies join your team next time?"
- Mai: "That sounds like fun! I'll gladly take care of them! I'll even teach them to become strong and feminine like me!"
- Clark: "On second thought, let's not do that. Just thinking about Whip and Leona being molded in your image sends shivers down my spine...."
- Mai: "My, my! Aren't you tall, dark and handsome? You're not as much of a looker as my Andy, though."
- Duo Lon: "....."
- Mai: "Huh? What's with that smirk creeping onto your face? Are you making fun of my Andy!?"
- Duo Lon: "No it's just... For a moment there I envied your innocence."
- Elisabeth: "You truly are a rare beauty! I could not possibly bring myself to mar your looks! Please grant me the favor of stepping aside. It would be in the best interests of everyone."
- Mai: "You must be new here. Allow me to tell you something... Yes, I am beautiful, but I am also stronger than everyone else! I am the flower that bloomed in KOF! I am Mai Shiranui!"
- Mai: "Who are you? Did you and Ash get separated at birth or something?"
- Evil Ash: "Forget it, you'd never understand. Just concentrate on dying now."
- Mai: "My, we're awfully cocky aren't we? You've got some nerve, new guy. Time for punishment!"
- Evil Ash: "How I'm going to miss your sassy comebacks! Here's to all life being destroyed by time!"
- Iori: "Get out of my sight, woman. Just looking at you turns my stomach."
- Mai: "What, you don't think I'm gorgeous? Are you sure you're a dude? I think you may need to get your head checked."
- Iori: "See, you should've run off when I gave you a chance. Now I'm going to have to kill you..."
- Daimon: "............"
- Mai: "What's the matter, Daimon? Wh-Why are you staring at me like that? What? You can't be.... Stop that, I already have Andy!"
- Daimon: "H-How dare you dress like that in public!? You give Japanese women a bad name!"
- Mai: "D-Dress!? I, uh.... Why are you getting upset about it now, after all these years?"
- Mai 1: "I can see why you'd be infatuated with someone like me, but don't you think this is taking it a bit too far?"
- Mai 2: "What? Who's infatuated with whom here? You're just trying to look like me!"
- Mai 1: "Are you kidding me!? You're imitating me, and you didn't even do a very good job!"
- Mai 2: "That does it! I'm going to make you eat those words!"
- Mai: "Oh, another one! And this Ash is all white! So, would you care to explain what's going on? They say everyone has a twin somewhere in the world, but I'm starting to lose count of you guys. What is up with you people, anyway?"
- Saiki: "I could explain, but your goldfish brain would fail to comprehend. I think I'll just kill you instead. That way you won't have to worry about such trivial matters!"
- Mai: "Huh? No way! Why!? Why is there another one of you underpants people here!?"
- Hwa Jai: "Underpants people!? Wait a minute.... You're talking about Joe, aren't ya? ...Oh, and you're the last person to criticize others for wearing too little, by the way."
- Iori: "I'm getting so sick of your face.... You're not a ninja, you're a maggot."
- Mai: "A maggot!? At least call me a caterpillar! A caterpillar that turned into a beautiful butterfly dancing through the air."
- Iori: "I don't care what kind of insect you are, I'm going to step on you all the same."
- Joe: "Because we're friends, let me give you some advice: You really need to stop wearing those revealing outfits! You look like you have no shame, you know? If my girlfriend wore stuff like that, I wouldn't let her leave the house!"
- Mai: "Revealing!? No shame!? This is the traditional ninja garb of the Shiranui family! And where do you get off telling people what they should wear, Boxer Boy!?"
- Mai: "What are you always so moody about? You should be happy to have such a vision of loveliness in front of you!"
- K': "...Huh? What on earth are you blabbing about? Shut up already..."
- Mai: "Oh, don't be shy! ♪ Come on, let's have some fun!"
- K': "Dumbass... I'll crush you!"
- Kim: "I don't usually get hung up on the details, but...."
- Mai: "Hm? What is it, Kim? You look like you're trying to say something...?"
- Kim: "Don't you think that your ninja outfit might be disturbing public decency? I have a spare Tae Kwon Do gi with me. Would you like to borrow it?"
- Mai: "Uh, no, I'm good.... I don't think I'd look good in a gi...."
- Mai: "You know, I don't really care who gets to be the leader.... But don't you think we should at least make sure which of us is the strongest?"
- King: "I can tell by the look on your face that you think it's you. Ah well, whatever! There's no harm in finding out how strong we both are!"
- Mai: "If you're going to model yourself on anyone, let it be me, not those trees you hang out with."
- Kula: "Huh? But they're all so much stronger than you! That's why I want to be like Diana, Foxy, and Seirah!"
- Mai: "What the... I'll teach you who's the strongest woman around here! You think you can say anything you want just because you're a little cute, huh? I'll kick your butt until you're bawling!"
- Kyo: "I shouldn't be surprised, but you sure have a lot of nerve trying to take me on with fire."
- Mai: "Shiranui fire is nothing like your fire! You'd better watch out or you're going to get a third degree lesson!"
- Kyo: "The same goes for you! I'll teach you who's the hottest in town!"
- Leona: "Could you get out of my way, please...? I don't feel like wasting my time and energy on you...."
- Mai: "What's the matter? Scared? Just admit that you're scared and I'll go easier on you!"
- Leona: "You cannot defeat me...."
- Mai: "You shouldn't say things like that if you're trying to avoid a fight, missy."
- Mai: "Admit it, you're trying to make yourself popular with a brand new look, aren't you! Unfortunately for you, no one's going to fall for it! Your popularity's going to stay just as low as it is!"
- Mature: "Sounds like you're speaking from personal experience there, missy!"
- Mai: "Th-That's none of your business! Now you've done it! Bring it on!"
- Mai: "A little bird told me that you run on maple syrup. Is that true?"
- Maxima: "Who's filling your head with blatant lies like that!? ...I do love a good sweet, though."
- Mai: "All right. If you win, I'll give you some of my homemade donuts!"
- Maxima: "It's a deal! Let me warn you right now, though: I can eat several dozens of boxes of those things at once!"
- Mr. Karate: "Your sad excuse for a fighting style will not be sufficient to advance in this tournament. Allow me to put you out of your misery!"
- Mai: "Ooh! Feisty, aren't we? Let me give you a taste of my Shiranui skills then!"
- Mai: "It might have been a tournament I didn't enter, but either way, you're officially number one in Japan in mixed martial arts. So, as the true number one, I want you to understand that. You wouldn't want to disgrace your country, would you?"
- Kyo: "I sure wouldn't. So I guess I'm just going to have to knock your ass out now. You leave representing Japan to me. Go sit in the audience and cheer me on as I show everyone how awesome I am!"
- Mai: "Hey! I know you.... Oh yeah, you're that pro wrestler, Big--"
- Raiden: "RAIDEN! I am Raiden! Raiden is who I am, and nothing more needs to be said!"
- Mai: "Wait, what? What's going on here? Why are you wearing a mask, anyway? Didn't you take that off before?"
- Raiden: "No comment! You shouldn't ask questions about touchy subjects like that!"
- Mai: "A soldier at a fighting tournament? Don't you people have to be somewhere else?"
- Ralf: "You're one to talk! You stand out like fireworks at a funeral! I thought ninja were supposed to be stealthy and inconspicuous!"
- Mai: "That's.... Those are just minor details! There's a time, place, and occasion for everything!"
- Robert: "This is gonna seem a bit out of the blue, but you can you maybe do something about that outfit of yours? You know how Yuri likes to imitate people she admires. If she ever gets the idea that she should start dressing like THAT..."
- Mai: "Hey, what do you mean, "dressing like THAT"!? I'll have you know this is the traditional Shiranui uniform!"
- Robert: "You've gotta be kidding me! Those shameless rags were passed down by your ancestors!?"
- Mai: "Shameless!? Rags!? Yuri! I'm going to have to beat the crap outta your boyfriend now!"
- Ryo: "Thanks for always taking care of my little sis! But, I'm not gonna give you any favors here, ninja girl!"
- Mai: "I wouldn't want you to. But, are you sure you wanna do this, Big Brother? I've been training with Yuri a lot, so your Kyokugen style might not work on me, you know?"
- Ryo: "Don't think you've seen Kyokugen by studying my sister. Her style is far too unorthodox!"
- Mai: "Wha...What happened to that white Ash? Who are you!?"
- Saiki: "I am Saiki! I don't need to tell you any more than that, since you're going to die anyway."
- Mai: "You don't look like a normal human being. What are you up to? Tell me!"
- Saiki: "I told you I don't need to! Or wait, perhaps I could tell you what my intentions are.... To kill you! What blissful honor! You will get to die by my hands!"
- Shen: "Huh? I thought that Japanese women were supposed to be modest!? There isn't an ounce of modesty in you!"
- Mai: "Hey! What gives you the right to talk to me like that? Don't think I'm an exhibitionist just because I like to dress nice!"
- Shen: "Not only do you dress like a stripper, but you have a big mouth too! Your mom must cry herself to sleep wondering why you turned out so badly!"
- Mai: "Wh-WHAT!? You're gonna pay now! I'll show you what happens when you're stupid enough to get me mad!"
- Mai: "Hm? You seem to have changed a bit since we last met...."
- Kensou: "Well, you haven't! Isn't it about time you went with a different path?"
- Mai: "Of all the nerve! I'll have you know I tried a different look once, but it didn't work out at all! You got a problem with me sticking with what works!?"
- Kensou: "Whoa, whoa! Don't explode on me like that! Are you sensitive about your clothes or something!?"
- Takuma: "Now that Hanzo is dead, the fate of the Shiranui style rests on the shoulders of you two. I hope you realize the weight of this burden. Are you ready to do whatever it takes to keep your style alive?"
- Mai: "That was a nice speech, Yuri's daddy. Andy and I make the best team! Let me show you that the Shiranui style is in good hands!"
- Mai: "Hi ♪ Long time no see ♪ Fancy meeting you here!"
- Terry: "No! I don't know anything! I have no clue where Andy is! I can't hear you, la la la la la!"
- Mai: "I knew it! You know exactly where he is! Tell me! Tell me NOW!"
- Mai: "They say snakes are persistent, but it seems the same can be said about all of you.... I don't know about this whole Orochi business, but it's too late for you now! The avalanche has already started, it's too late for the pebbles to vote!"
- Vice: "Well, it's not that we're persistent, it's just that the Orochi Clan is immortal! And yes, the avalanche has started, but it is you humans who will discover that you are the pebbles! We will never be destroyed by the likes of you humans!"
- Mai: "Right! Time for another medical check-up, Yuri!"
- Yuri: "Wait, wait, wait! Isn't that MY line? Let's see if you took good care of yourself during the holidays!"
- "How about it, Andy? I think it's pretty easy to see who your best partner is, right?" (vs. Andy)
- "See? Even a beauty like me can be pretty scary when she gets angry." (vs. Ash)
- "Why don't you take a break from the idol business and concentrate more on fighting?" (vs. Athena)
- "My beauty led me to victory♪ ...Jokes aside, don't you think you're a bit too careless?" (vs. Benimaru)
- "I just realized you're back in your old clothes. I guess that image change didn't work out for you?" (vs. Billy)
- "Why don't you retire and live the rest of your life in peace?" (vs. Chin)
- "Do you think those sunglasses look good on you!? You can't even see!" (vs. Clark)
- "It doesn't matter how strong you are if you don't look at people properly." (vs. Daimon)
- "You don't need a doctor. You need a shaman or something! I think you're possessed!" (vs. Duo Lon)
- "Blanc-style? Fist of Light? Sorry, never heard of 'em. The world really is a big place." (vs. Elisabeth)
- "This is so confusing! If you're someone else, just say so!" (vs. Evil Ash)
- "Oh dear, looks like I burnt your precious hair! I'm so sorry! Ohohoho!" (vs. Flames Iori)
- "Strength, beauty, even the suppleness of my skin. I'm better than you in every facet!" (vs. Herself)
- "I still don't understand what exactly's going on. How are you related to Ash Crimson again!?" (vs. Human Saiki)
- "It's no surprise that Boxer Boy took that belt away from you... Your skills are sad." (vs. Hwa)
- "You know, you might be a pretty handsome guy if you just stood there and shut up!" (vs. Iori)
- "You're always wearing the same thing! Please tell me that you at least have different pairs of those shorts." (vs. Joe)
- "Maybe you should challenge me again when your voice breaks, kiddo♪" (vs. K')
- "I get it. You couldn't bring yourself to hurt the beautiful lady. I promise I won't tell Athena♪" (vs. Kensou)
- "Converting them? Geez... I do have to admire your tenacity, though." (vs. Kim)
- "Objectively speaking, it's apparent that I'm the better fighter here, no?" (vs. King)
- "I don't have time to deal with you. Why don't you run along and play now?" (vs. Kula)
- "I can see why you're number 2 in Japan. Who's number 1? Do you even need to ask?" (vs. Kyo)
- "You may not want advice, but why don't you try being friendlier? It's much less stressful, you know?" (vs. Leona)
- "Look at the big hole you tore in my outfit! You're going to pay to fix it, right?" (vs. Mature)
- "Seriously? Are there even regulations for what can enter this tournament? This is getting ridiculous!" (vs. Maxima)
- "Oh my, are you really Yuri's dad!? It's like you're a completely different person just by wearing a mask..." (vs. Mr. Karate)
- "You have been gloomy lately. Why don't you try taking a shower under a big waterfall? I know just the place!" (vs. NESTS Kyo)
- "Weren't you stronger without the mask? ...Or are you still claiming you've never fought without it?" (vs. Raiden)
- "Won't you forget your training if you're here all the time? Maybe you're a better fighter than soldier now." (vs. Ralf)
- "If you're going to lose, can't you at least put up a better fight? Yuri must be disappointed in you." (vs. Robert)
- "Why don't you try studying Shiranui style? You might learn something new!" (vs. Ryo)
- "I don't know what you're trying to do, but can't you do it somewhere else?" (vs. Saiki)
- "You just lost to a total babe! Can't you look a bit happier while you're falling to the ground?" (vs. Shen)
- "Surprises work best when they're kept secret. Are you surprised at the Shiranui style's moves?" (vs. Takuma)
- "Geez, isn't it time you stopped teaming up with Andy? Hellooo! Take a hint!" (vs. Terry)
- "I'm not weak enough for a vulgar woman like you to tear me apart." (vs. Vice)
- "Awww, what's the matter, little Yuri? You'll never catch up with me like that!" (vs. Yuri)
The King of Fighters XIVEdit
- Mai: "Andy, did you remember to turn off the AC when we left Japan?"
- Andy: "Nope, I didn't touch anything."
- Mai: "I wonder if I turned it off. I always do it without thinking, so now I can't really remember."
- Andy: "C'mon. Don't talk yourself into being nervous over it."
- Mai: "It's too late! I can't stop thinking about it! Let's finish this quickly so I can call Hokutomaru."
- Andy: "No way! If you're that focused on making a phone call, you won't be able to concentrate on the match!"
- Bandeiras: YAMATONADESHIKO. Wow, FUJIYAMA! KUNOICHI!
- Mai: Wh-what's with this creep?!
- Bandeiras: So you're a female NINJA. I'll let you be my teacher!
- Mai: Wha? Are you kidding? You fake ninja!
- Bandeiras: Oh, is it bad for me to ask? Alright, but if I win, I'm gonna make you my teacher.
- Mai: What the... I don't get it!
- Mai: "Why are you wearing such a weird mask?"
- Mian: "What's "weird" about it? This is a "Bian Lian", used for performing traditional Sichuan opera."
- Mai: "Ah, so it's basically like Japanese Noh opera or something? I don't like that it takes attention away from me, though."
- Mian: "Nope, it's completely different from Noh."
- Mai: "Fine fine fine! I'm going to beat you anyway. So let's go ahead and start!"
- Mian: "I... hate you..."
Generic Win QuotesEdit
- "Andy, did you see me fight?"
- "Hehe... Too bad, you couldn't catch me."
- "If you underestimate me because I'm a woman, you'll get burned!"
- "If you can't keep up with these moves... You've got a long way to go!"
- "Now, now, no touching!"
- "Hmm, something was missing.... It's not that you were weak."
- "Not knowing when give up is just third-rate."
- "From the begininng of the match, you were caught of my trap."
- "That was a close battle. I didn't think you'd come this far."
- "You were too... confused by my movements."
- "Being the world's best isn't just a dream."
- "You were on the right track. Maybe you're still too inexperienced?"
- "Are you bewitched? Hehe, it's hard to be beautiful."
- "How was my dancing?"
- "Battling you was fun. I'd like to ask to face you again."
- "Were you taking it easy? You lost anyway, so it looks like you put the cart before the horse."
- "I beg your pardon, but I'm not interested in the weak."
- "Well, if I give it my all, this is what happens!"
- "You were the perfect opponent for stress relief."
- "That was close... You really back me to into a corner. Pretty impressive."
- "Holding back so I don't hurt you is really hard!"
- "How was it? The power of Shiranui ninjutsu!"
- "Battling you was fun. I'd like to ask to face you once again."
- "Hehehe... Don't fall in love with me."
- "Is that all? I'm a little disappointed."
- "Ohohoho, I'm unrivalled."
Specific Win QuotesEdit
- "Alice, if you aren't more dedicated you won't win in this competition!" (vs. Alice)
- "Now, Andy! Next time join up with me! I won't let you get away!" (vs. Andy)
- "Unbelievable, you talk a big game, but you can't back it up!" (vs. Antonov)
- "Be it fighting, dancing, or anything else, I won't lose, Athena!" (vs. Athena)
- "Despite your fake ninjutsu, you did pretty well! Alright, I'll make you a student of the Shiranui style." (vs. Bandeiras)
- "I don't like men who are all talk! Come back when you've trained a bit more." (vs. Benimaru)
- "Speed over strength! You won't get me just by swinging that iron ball around!" (vs. Chang)
- "Even Geese Howard ends up like this when he faces me!" (vs. Geese)
- "Oh dear... Your flames of hatred weren't all that much." (vs. Iori)
- "That cocky attitude is unacceptable. How about respecting your elders more?" (vs. K')
- "I win! Next round's on King!" (vs. King)
- "You move like a viper with those limber kicks. But when it comes to that kind of leg techniques, King is a lot stronger!" (vs. Luong)
- "Doing some kind of investigation again? Sorry, but could you do a background check on Andy, too?" (vs. Mary)
- "The Shiranui style doesn't lose at ever-changing attacks!" (vs. Mian)
- "That was a beautiful, dance-like fighting. Not as beautiful as me, though." (vs. Nakoruru)
- "The Shiranui style also began with assassination techiniques. Your school can't keep up." (vs. Oswald)
- "No matter how hard you hit, it's meaningless if you don't connect." (vs. Ralf)
- "Your free movement was useless before the Shiranui ninjutsu." (vs. Ramon)
- "It's no use worrying about complex stuff, just hit it and break it down!" (vs. Shun'ei)
- "Terry, don't keep Andy all to yourself!" (vs. Terry)
- "Your hands were floating and I couldn't read your expression, it was just creepy." (vs. Verse)
- "You let your guard down, Yuri. You fought better when you were with us." (vs. Yuri)
KOF: Maximum ImpactEdit
- "Did that hurt?"
- "I'm sorry, humor me!"
KOF: Maximum Impact 2Edit
- Alba: "Hello, Asian Beauty."
- Mai: "Oh, you're kinda cute, but not like Andy!"
- Hanzo: "You with your new-fangled ninja arts...let's see how well they work."
- Mai: "Mai Shiranui, Master of the Shiranui Way has arrived!"
- Lilly: "'scuse me, I-I'd like to apologise for my brother giving you grief."
- Mai: "You're so cool, but your brother's such a jerk!"
- Nagase: "Sock it to me, Shiranui!"
- Mai: "Hey big boy, How ya doin'?"
- Terry: "And when did I become your big brother?"
- Mai: "Geese! Impossible!"
- B. Jenet: "Maybe it's me, but don't you think you passed your prime?"
- Rock: "Do you live with Terry's brother?"
- Mai: "No wonder! Andy and I are as good as husband and wife for many years."
- Rock: "So, if I'm like Terry's son... Also, if you and Andy are like a married couple you'll be my aunt -"
- Mai: "Hey! Under no circumstances I won't allow you to tell me that"
- "Children don't lose anything to recall the proverb, 'A closed mouth catches no flies'. Right?"
- "I ask you to forgive me."
- "I'm the best in Japan!"
- "Oooh! You're such a scamp!"
Story Mode QuotesEdit
- "You have finally shown up? For a rookie, you've got a lot of nerve making me wait so long."
- "Am i prepared?"
- "Don't know what I'm getting myself into? Is that what you're saying? I'm pretty sure I'm ready, rookie."
- "Funny! Maybe you should take your own advice!"
- "Well, this is it. Good luck then, rookie!"
- "I don't understand...why the hell are you saying that?"
- "A ninja who fears death is not a ninja at all. You just don't get it, do you?"
- "I was expecting something more...it seems too quiet. Is this really the finals?"
- "You're my..."
- "Kusiel...? What is that?"
- "Hmm... I see.
- "I think I get what Luise Meyrink was trying to tell me."
- "That you're nothing but evil scum. Why go to all this trouble?"
- "Whoa! That's a little bold, considering we have just met. But never mind, you're definitely not my type."
- "Man? You're pathetic, aren't you, Mr. Sponsor?"
- "You said today? Do you really think there'll be a second chance? You're kidding me, aren't you?"
- "He's disappeared! No way!"
- "Oh no!! You cannot be serious! Where's my prize money?!"
- "Aww... With the prize money, I Thought Andy and I would have a cozy vacation together..."
- "Hey, but where is Andy anyway? I know he needs time alone but, at times like this, he could at least come and support me. Why isn't he here?"
- "...The more I think about it, the more it totally pisses me off...!"
- "I'm starting to think this is all Andy's fault! aaaargg...This is crazy... I can't believe this guy vanished."
- "Not only that, no prize money! This its all Andy's fault!"
- "I'm totally pissed off! Next time, I'll make sure that Andy and I enter the KOF tournament together!"
- "That's it. I am just gonna bitch and moan now until he agrees."
The King of Fighters EX: Neo Blood Edit
- "Aw, geez! Just what are you gaping at?!"
- "My ravishing beauty overpowered you, right?"
- "So, where's the money and party? Oh well. Che sera sera. I'll party with Andy alone! Wink!"
The King of Fighters EX2: Howling Blood Edit
- "My ravishing beauty overpowered you, right?"
SNK Gals' Fighters Edit
- "Japan's finest! No, maybe the world's finest!"
- "I am SNK's mightiest heroines!"
- "Nuts! I got all sweaty!"
- "That worked off a lot of stress!"
- "Pathetic! You should learn the Shiranui way!"
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Edit
- "Mai Shiranui has appeared! Dance through the sky!"
- Kukri: "Bonjour, Mesdemoiselles... It's no use trying to escape. This a pocket dimension of my own making. Lower life forms like you two stand no chance here. If you pests want to be free from this world, you must take part in my special event and battle your way to victory. Mwahahahaha!"
- Athena: "I know this creepy way of speech. It's Kukri, isn't it!?"
- Kukri: "You should know better than to offer up the right answer right at the start! It kills the tension! I guess I shouldn't expect any better from a third-rate idol!"
- Athena: "T-Third rate!?!?"
- Mai: "Oh, so you do get it. Now that I am here, I will quickly take care of that creep! Get out here!"
- Athena: "M-Mai... That's horrible."
- "I still can't believe that pevert is capable of something like this."
- "This world is pretty creepy. It's obviously a reflection of the mind of its creator..."
- "It's too bad that sort of power is wasted on that creep. If I had the same ability, I could create Japan's best pocket dimension."
- "Sigh... I wish Andy would ride in on a white horse to save me from this dreary place... Ahh..."
- "I wonder what a pocket dimension created by Andy would look like...? I bet it would be a paradise with hundreds of shadow clones of myself..."
- "I'm tired of walking through this dreary palace... Does it really need to be this big?"
Win Quotes (Normal Voice)Edit
- "Athena, you're a pop idol, right? You must wear any outfit proudly, even if it is a little embarrassing!" (vs. Athena)
- "I can't believe how close she was to the real thing... That was kind of creep." (vs. Herself)
- "You really do have no manners or etiquette. Well, time to you send us home!" (vs. Kukri)
- "I can't really go all out on a child such as yourself. I had a tough time holding back!" (vs. Kula)
- "If this really is that some pocket dimension of that pervert's creation, I don't suppose your GPS and such can lead us out of here, huh?" (vs. Leona)
- "That one came down to the wire! That sword fighting of yours is very unique, so I had trouble dealing with it." (vs. Love)
- "Oh, that's too bad... You thought you had me, but that was just one of my ninja illusions!" (vs. Luong)
- "This pervert was on your team in the last tournament, right? Can't you do something about him?" (vs. Mian)
- "Your Kung Fu might be top of the class, but your actual tatics and strategy leave much to be desired!" (vs. Mui Mui)
- "Hey, how did you summon that hawk of yours? Can you summon Andy in the same way?" (vs. Nakoruru)
- "Shouldn't you trim those bangs a bit? I doubt you could keep up with my movements with them your way!" (vs. Shermie)
- "Is that it? Even if you do have special powers, you might want to work on the basics first." (vs. Sylvie)
- "I win this one, Terry! And don't you dare try to make any excuses about that new body of yours!" (vs. Terry)
- "All this fighting has me hungry. Once we got out of this place, why don't you take me to that BBQ joint you always talk about!" (vs. Yuri)
- "I can't believe you can still keep your up-beat attitude in the middle of this mess." (vs. Zarina)
Win Quotes (Customization Mode - Voice Set 1)Edit
- "You aren't done yet, are you? I didn't expect to outlast you during our dance... I know you've still got more fight in you!" (vs. Athena)
- "You were pretty strong. So, even a clone of myself proves to be stronger than most of these so-called martial artists." (vs. Herself)
- "Hey! When you invite me you better at least have one bottle of liquor ready and waiting!" (vs. Kukri)
- "Poor Kula! All of your precious ice pillars got melted thanks to my flames! Sorry about that!" (vs. Kula)
- "You can't even get through with your military radio? I'm sure your team is looking for you..." (vs. Leona)
- "If you're a sky pirate, does that mean you go around robbing banks and tradders? Sounds like a lot of fun! ♪" (vs. Love)
- "You're knowledgeable when it comes to romance, right? Can you teach me how to capture the heart of a man who refuses to commit?" (vs. Luong)
- "You had no chance! You may be great in the air, but I have been doing this for a long time as well! ♪" (vs. Mian)
- "Were you fighting on an empty stomach? If you find a fully stocked kitchen then I can make you something tasty!" (vs. Mui Mui)
- "Don't worry one bit. We will get out of this trap somehow." (vs. Nakoruru)
- "Huh? Didn't you die back in... um, 97? Was that an illusion or trick or something?" (vs. Shermie)
- "My body feels numb after all those shocks you gave me... I guess I will take a rest until it goes away." (vs. Sylvie)
- "I'm glad you're the one who got trapped here and not Andy. Because I don't think I will ever be able to forget this sight!" (vs. Terry)
- "You haven't found a way out of here, right? If I don't get home soon, I am going to miss a really important delivery!" (vs. Yuri)
- "Argh! Can you please try to concentrate on the battle? That bird... what was your name? Ah, Coco! He will show up at some point. I promise." (vs. Zarina)
Win Quotes (Customization Mode - Voice Set 2)Edit
- "It's always a blast battling against you, Athena! I would expect no less from a world-class pop star!" (vs. Athena)
- "Huh. I'm suprised a clone had the guts to challenge to me directly! Where did your confidence come from?" (vs. Herself)
- "I have no interest in playing along with you and your pathetic games, your mouth-breathing creep. Sorry, not sorry!" (vs. Kukri)
- "I hate to tell you this... But your power isn't enough to freeze me." (vs. Kula)
- "You really should try to smile sometimes. I am sure it would make the other members of your unit happy." (vs. Leona)
- "Don't let losing to me get you down! Not even many people in our world can see through my ninja techiniques!" (vs. Love)
- "You need to quit picking on anyone younger than you! It's not a good look!" (vs. Luong)
- "I hope you obtained some understanding of the beauty of Japanese martial arts." (vs. Mian)
- "You were jumping all over the place! Girls who are full of energy like you are just sooooo cute!" (vs. Mui Mui)
- "A battle between the perfect Japanese women! I hope we can have a re-match once we escape this place!" (vs. Nakoruru)
- "You've got some amazing grapple moves. But aren't they a bit rough?" (vs. Shermie)
- "Don't put yourself down or anything. You were pretty strong!" (vs. Sylvie)
- "As good as ever, step-brother. Even in a new body you aren't used to, you're a force to be reckoned with." (vs. Terry)
- "You still aren't a match for me, but I've got to admit that you have gotten considerably stronger!" (vs. Yuri)
- "You did a good job keeping up with my moves! You've got the rhythm of a professional dancer!" (vs. Zarina)
Win Quotes (Customization Mode - Voice Set 3)Edit
- "Hehe... Playing the cute card can only get you so far. Isn't it about time you went for a more sexy image?" (vs. Athena)
- "You lacked the proper elegance to be a true clone of myself. Hehehe..." (vs. Herself)
- "I know I basically irresistible, but it really isn't nice trying to lock me up and keep me all to yourself." (vs. Kukri)
- "The only thing your ice is good for is helping me cool down after the battle." (vs. Kula)
- "Your moves always scares me because I feel like they are going to rip my clothes up! That pevert didn't order you to do that... right?" (vs. Leona)
- "You have a lot going for you, but I'm not sure how much longer that masculine attitude of yours will work of your favor!" (vs. Love)
- "Hehehe... You're envious of my youth and strenght, aren't you? I could tell you lost your cool." (vs. Luong)
- "You can't chase after wealth alone. Chasing after love is important as well!" (vs. Mian)
- "Being energetic isn't enough to win against me. Polish up your skills!" (vs. Mui Mui)
- "No fair using weapons! You are going to blemish my perfect skin!" (vs. Nakoruru)
- "I've got you beaten in both looks and strenght! By a factor of ten!" (vs. Shermie)
- "It takes a lot more than that to numb my honed ninja senses!" (vs. Sylvie)
- "Huh? Is that all you got, Terry? I can still go another round if you want." (vs. Terry)
- "You've still got a while before you are able to learn the art of the seduction. For now it's best that you stick with the cute angle you've got going!" (vs. Yuri)
- "A woman has many tools at her disposal. You should think of utilizing something more than your smile! You've got the potential! Teehee..." (vs. Zarina)
Win Quotes (DLC Characters)Edit
- "Phew, I can't wait to see Andy again..."
- "Nippon Ichi! Yay! ... It doesn't really work as well when there isn't an audience."
Capcom vs. SNKEdit
- "Andy, if you are watching, please contact me. I've been looking for you for a long time!"
Win Quotes (JPN version)Edit
|Chun-li||このチームが美女ぞろいでよかつたわ。||"I'm glad that my teammate was a beautiful woman."|
|Chun-li||あら、それは私に対するやっかみ?||"Oh, is that a challenge against me?"|
|Ryu||私が「日本一」よ。その辺、わきまえてね!||"I am "the best in Japan". Keep it in your mind!"|
|Morrigan||それはども、ご親切に!||"I thank you, for your kindness!"|
|Terry||なんでアンティがいないのよも一つ!!||"Why is there no Andy!!"|
|Yuri||がいればこのチームは安泰でしょ?||"If so, this team is safe right?"|
Capcom vs. SNK 2Edit
|Mai vs. Chun-Li||
Mai: Kakatte rasshai!
Chun-Li: (Giggling) Zuibun hade na toujou, ne?
Mai: Come at me!
Chun-Li: (Giggling) An extremely flashy entrance, huh?
- "My fight must be with Andy... Wait for me, Andyyyyyyyyyy!!!"
- "I thought you'd be... stronger!"
- "This is the Shiranui-style Ninjutsu!"
- "Now, please chant! "Nippon Ichi!""
- "You must have been intimidated by my strength, attractiveness, and beauty!"
- "You lost! Now stop crying and accept that reality!"
- "I am "the best female Ninja" in Japan! Hee hee hee!"
- "You are not even half as good as Andy!"
- "Hey, just remember that I am a true Japanese woman, kind and graceful!"
SNK vs. Capcom: Match of the MilleniumEdit
- "Call me, MAI!"
SNK vs. Capcom: SVC ChaosEdit
- Mai: "My! You're a scary one. You look like a devil."
- Akuma: "Please die, Post haste."
- Mai: "And me without my crucifix and holy water...."
- Akuma: "...."
- Mai: "I guess it's all up to my strength and powers alone."
- Akuma: "Destroy!"
- Mai: "Yikes! Right away? I really hate being rushed, you know!"
- Balrog: "Be my bride. And I will make you a queen."
- Mai: "Sorry, Mr. Goon. I'm already spoken for. Phhhhhht!"
- Balrog: "I'm a lot stronger than those other flippy fops! You still can reconsider."
- Mai: "Brute strength alone won't cut it with me! And anyway... Andy is way tougher than you!"
- Balrog: "Why you! I'll ruin you! Chicks like you only learn the hard way!"
- Mai: "You simple musclehead. Your limbs are going to learn my lesson of pain."
- Mai: "Choi! Have you seen my little Andy-kins?"
- Choi: "How should I know where he is, tootsie?...Andy-kins... Yee, hee!"
- Mai: "Huh?! "Yee, hee!" what? Do you know something!"
- Chun-Li: "Hey, you there! You need more clothes to walk out in public here!"
- Mai: "You're one to talk! How dare you belittle my ninja traditions!"
- Chun-Li: "Traditions shmaditions! Put on some decent clothes or I'm taking you in!"
- Mai: "And what about you? You call those "decent"? But I guess with those chunky legs, that's the best you could do!"
- Chun-Li: "Ok, that does it! The nerve of you!"
- Mai: "The nerve of you!"
- Chun-Li: "Say what?!"
- Mai: "That's what!"
- Dan: "I am it! For I am Dan Hibiki of the saikyo groove! Hey, ninja chick! Care to see what a living legend can do?"
- Mai: "You... My friend... Are one big noodnik!"
- Demitri: "Fair maiden, if you bid, let me have you for dinner tonight."
- Mai: "Hmm... A beauty like me and all blondie thinks about is training..."
- Demitri: "What is wrong... Fair maiden?"
- Mai: "Oh, clam up! Back off, bloodsucker!"
- Dhalsim: "First you must remove all unwanted fat from you. Then you will be swift."
- Mai: "...Put a sock in it! My body hasn't an ounce of unwanted fat!"
- Dhalsim: "Do not deceive yourself. Training must begin with complete honesty.... For example... Learning your true weight.""
- Mai: "Yaaah! Stop! Stop! Enough! I am going to put a sock in it for you!"
- Mai: "Yikes! Now that is one obese belly!"
- Earthquake: "Gah, f, f, f. You're a bit too bulgy in places, too!"
- Mai: "Oh, how rude! You can't compare my bulges with yours!"
- Mai: "Geese! Yikes! a ghost!"
- Geese: "Oh, bogard's lady!"
- Mai: "I'll exorcise you!"
- Mai: "What a Samurai stud! Have you seen my andy?"
- Genjuro: "A female ninja, eh? You'll do well not to work your wiles on me."
- Mai: "Now just a darn minute! I'm not interested in..."
- Genjuro: "Cackling ken... Annoying wench! Die!"
- Goenitz: "Mademoiselle... It's been ages."
- Mai: "Who are you?"
- Goenitz: "I am I. Goenitz, of course."
- Mai: "Yeah, now I remember. Are you back playing the field these days?"
- Goenitz: "I still serve my lord... But enough of me. Please. Become my sacrifice."
- Guile: "I've heard Japanese women are both reserved and prudent."
- Mai: "That's about right, wouldn't you say?"
- Guile: "...But I guess every country is guilty of a little propaganda."
- Mai: "The nerve! This reserved and prudent Japanese maid will rearrange your face!"
- Mai 1: "No matter how much you look like me, you still won't convince Andy!"
- Mai 2: "So you're the one! You've got my Andy!"
- Mai 1: "Get ready, honey! You'll feel my scorn!"
- Mai 2: "You'll never get Andy!"
Honki ni Natta Mr. Karate
- Mai: "Oh, Mr. Sakazaki. I may be wrong, but you look different."
- Mr. Karate: "I'm not Mr. Sakazaki. I'm Mr. Karate. Enough talk! Come on!"
- Mai: "Huh? What?"
- Poison: "Hmm. Well, you pass. A bit too bumpy though."
- Mai: "Hey! Watch it, bub!"
- Poison: "I'm sorry, but you'll be working for me."
- Hugo: "Don't worry though. You'll be well fed."
- Mai: "That won't do! Stunned by my beauty's no excuse for losing!"
- Iori: "Maiden...you dare insult me?"
- Mai: "Get ready, Gloomy Gus, cause here I come!"
- Iori: "Little one...know your place!"
- Kasumi: "Oh, Mai... Keeping fit as ever, I see."
- Mai: "Love is the secret."
- Kasumi: "...Love. Hard love, right?"
- Mai: "Hey! Just what are you hinting at? These are real!"
- Kasumi: "What? Huh?"
- Ken: "...Gag!..."
- Mai: "Gag?"
- Ken: "Are you a geisha?"
- Mai: "How rude! Can't you tell right away from my clothes?"
- Ken: "Sorry. Sorry. It's just... I... Well... What the..."
- Mai: "You scraggly rogue. It's time to teach you some japanese manners!"
- Mai: "Oh, Kim! Have you seen Andy?"
- Kim: "Not hide nor hair."
- Mai: "No? Well, later!"
- Kim: "Hold on there. Looks like I'm going to have to teach you about being more of a lady."
- Mai: "Say what?!"
- Mai: "Kyo! Hey... Have you seen Andy?"
- Kyo: "Hmm. Nope. ...Geez! Talk about one love sick puppy!"
- Mai: "What did you say? Hey, bub, are you hiding someting?"
- Kyo: "Who me? No!"
- Bison: "Wah ha ha. A girl! Such sweet prey for my psychic powers!"
- Mai: "Psycho...? When you say that, it really freaks me out!"
- Bison: "Wah ha ha. You're pretty funny. Soon you'll know how foolish you are."
- Mai: "A jellyfish?"
- Mars People: "Beep boop boop bop."
- Mai: "It talks!"
- Mars People: "Beep bop!"
- Mai: "Oh! Mr. Sakazaki. Have you seen Andy?"
- Mr. Karate: "The name is Mr. Karate! I know not this Sakazaki."
- Mai: "Is that so? So, what about Andy?"
- Mr. Karate: "If you wish to know, you first must defeat me."
- Mai: "What's with the bikini? Are you really that desperate for attention?"
- Athena: "...You're one to talk... Just who's showing more?"
- Mai: "You'll be, sister, when I'm through with you!"
- Mai: "What's this place?"
- Red Arremer: "Gyah-gyah!"
- Mai: "W-what's this freak?"
Riot of the Blood Iori
- Mai: "Hey, buddy. You just can't go berserk all the time!"
- Iori: "Oooh-whoaaaa!"
- Ryo: "Well, well... Let's see this mighty Shiranui power, shall we?"
- Mai: "Always the cocky one. Very well, then. Bring it on, beefcake!"
- Ryu: "Better ask directions... Holy cow!"
- Mai: "W-what's the deal? Getting all worked up over someone's clothes."
- Ryu: "Those are rather unusal. Where's the circus?"
- Mai: "How rude! This is the traditional Shiranui ninja style."
- Ryu: "Ninja style? People can see you coming miles away!"
- Mai: "...Looks like I'll have to teach you a lesson!"
- Mai: "Being up against a honey pie like me, how about a little smile?"
- Sagat: "Is that how you face life-and-death battles? Foolish little girl."
- Mai: "Now don't get all shy. Let's do it, big boy!"
- Sagat: "..."
- Mai: "You, wouldn't have a clue where Andy is, huh?"
- Shiki: "...I only live for one other...
- Mai: "Who're you?"
- Akuma: "Destroy!"
- Mai: "Oh, gracious. You do dress boldly."
- Tessa: "All the better for mastering sorcery. You, on the other hand, leave too little to the imagination."
- Mai: "H-hey! Shut your mouth! You'll get bonked!"
- Tessa: "Have I angered you? Fighting's so wasteful, but what the heck?"
- Mai: "I can't find Andy anywhere around here. Terry!"
- Terry: "A, Andy? I'm not his keeper."
- Mai: "...Terry, You're hiding something."
- Vega: "Oh, you're quite lovely."
- Mai: "Finely, someone who appreciates true beauty. You must be a gentleman."
- Vega: "Your body covered with your vermillion blood. It gives me goosebumps!"
- Mai: "...I take it all back. You're a psycho freak! It's clobbering time!"
- Ken: "Oooh-whoaaaa! Must destroy... Everything."
- Mai: "Huh? What? Could it be everyone's going berserk?"
- Ken: "Oooh-whoaaaa!"
- Mai: "Oh, what do we have here? What a cute dolly-wolly! I want one!"
- Zero: "....? What? This cyber elf?"
- Mai: "Ooooh... Can I get one of those, too?"
- Zero: "Another irregulat...? Oh, how tragic..."
- Mai: "What do you mean by that? You dare insult me! You'll be sorry! Big time!"
- "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Ali learned that from the shiranui!"
- "I told you I'm tough. Don't understimate the power of the Shiranui ninja!"
- "No matter how beautiful I am, you don't need to hold back."
- "You scratched my flawless, alabaster skin, you jerk!"
- "If you don't know... Then just tell me. Sheesh!" (Vs. Choi/Kyo/Terry)
- "The figure of ability and popularity: I am it!" (Vs. Female character)
- "Yoga trims you down, huh? But I doubt Andy'd like that extending arms bit..." (Vs. Dhalsim)
If Mai defeats Athena
- God: "Who'd have thought it? Athena defeated...?!"
- Mai: "......"
- God: "But this is Heaven! Someone like you, has no place here! Hee-yah!"
If Mai defeats Red Arremer
- God: "Who'd have thought it? Red Arremer defeated...?!"
- Mai: "......"
- God: "But this is the Netherworld! Someone like you, has no place here! Hee-yah!"
- Mai: "Aw, nuts... That Andy... Where did he run off to...?"
- ?: "...U-uh..."
- Mai: "...Back off! I'm in real bad mood... ...? Who the heck are you?"
- Hokutomaru: "I-I'm Hokutomaru... Master has sent me for you..."
- Mai: "Why can't Andy, uh, "Master," come himself? Huh, junior?!"
- Hokutomaru: "Whoa!"
- Mai: "Andy! You're not going to get away with this!"
- Hokutomaru: "......"
Neo Geo Battle ColiseumEdit
- "Charming flames on a night sea, that is the Shiranui. Can you dig it, baby?"
- "I did it, Andy! I know it's your love that led me to victory!"
- "I got to believe it! If I keep on winning, I know Andy'll come and cheer me on!"
- "Wow! You rival my strength! You must be Japan's no. 2!"
- "So, you're the big brother? Or are you the kid brother?" (Vs. Chonrei/Chonshu)
- "You pseudo-ninja! A true ninja's a shadow, stoic and... Uh, well, bite my tongue!" (Vs. Hanzo/Fuuma)
- "That is one racy outfit! You'd be a lot more appealing if you covered up a bit more." (Vs. Shiki/Shermie)
- "That's quite a shiny scalp. (Maybe someday, Andy...? Nah.)" (Vs. Tung/Mr. Big)
KOF Sky StageEdit
- Athena: "It's been a while, Mai."
- Mai: "Athena! What are you doing here?"
- Athena: "This is kind of awkward, Mai, but...would you mind leaving this place, please? I'd love to explain, but there's no time. I'd be so grateful if you'd just turn back."
- Mai: "Sorry, Athena. I can't do that. Not even for you. Andy needs me now more than ever. If I don't save him, he...he... (sniff)"
- Athena: "Are you okay, Mai? Listen, I know how you feel. I know you want to help Andy. But it's too dangerous for you. You don't have the skills. I'll save everyone, including Andy."
- Mai: "No! If you try to come between Andy and me, I won't hesitate to beat you to a pulp!"
Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate ShootingEdit
- Kusanagi: "Stop right there, missy. Can't let you go on, I'm afraid!"
- Mai: "Hmmm, you don't seem particularly aggressive. You sound more like a gatekeeper, if anything. That must mean you're that illusion Miss Kagura created. Must've been hard to make it all the way here."
- Kusanagi: "Well spotted. That's a ninja for you! Nothing escapes you people."
- Mai: "Flattery isn't going to get you anywhere, you know?"
- Kusanagi: "I wasn't flattering you. I was just glad I won't have to waste time on words. I'm sure you know exactly why I'm here and what I'm up to?"
- Mai: "Pretty much. Like I said, you're the gatekeeper. Talk about living in the past."
- Kusanagi: "Let's do this already. There's only one rule! If you win, you may pass!"
- Orochi Iori: "Kyyooooooooooooooo!!"
- Mai: "That looks like the real Yagami... But he seems to have lost his marbles... Again."
- Orochi Iori: "GRRRAAAAAAAAHHH!"
- Mai: "Ugh, not this again. I hate having to get involved with people like this. Time to show some courage! I'll apply some drastic Shiranui treatment to wake him up!"
- Rugal: "Long time no see. Mai Shiranui... was it?"
- Mai: "How nice of you to remember. And what did you call yourself? The Self-destructing Emperor? Are you still decorating your place with nasty globes and keeping rabid black panthers?"
- Rugal: "Hmph. Don't think you can taunt me that easily! I'm not falling for your hackneyed ninja tricks."
- Mai: "Oh dear. Mission Failed. huh? Well, whatever. It's not like talking to you is the most exciting thing in the world. Let's see what happens when my hackneyed ninja tricks hit you right in the face!"