In this Chinese name, the family name is Lee.
Art of FightingEdit
Lee is a master of Chinese medicine and Chinese martial arts, the latter of which is dubbed as "a gentle yet destructive" art. His adoptive father and mentor, Lee Gakusuo, passed on his pharmaceutic knowledge and martial arts to him before instructing Lee to finish his studies in South Town. Once he arrived there, Lee became fascinated with the local style of Kenpo and neglected his roots to be a street fighter. He works as the director of the Southtown prison, but also has a small herbal shop which he runs part-time. During Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia's adventure to save Yuri, they fought and beat Lee in Chinatown. He told the duo to meet with the bouncer of the L'Amor restaurant for information. He pursues his wishes to be a pharmacist in the following game. In his ending to AOF2, Lee would humorously become famous for finding the cure to hemorrhoids.
His adoptive father considers himself to be a good acquaintance and sparring partner of Takuma. When Gakusuo was 93, he clashed with the younger Takuma bare handed and became responsible for the X-shaped scar on his chest. This is briefly touched upon in Honki ni Natta Mr. Karate's ending for SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos where Takuma fondly chats with Lee.
Neo Geo Battle ColiseumEdit
In its bid for global domination, the corporation WAREZ extends its reach into the field of pharmaceuticals. Hearing of Lee's miraculous medicine, the White Dragon Lozenges, they threaten to hurt his family unless he gives them the formula. His ending has him successfully defeating the syndicate and his family business enjoying a boom of customers desiring the secret of his longevity. Takuma humorously visits his shop under the guise of Mr. Karate asking for a remedy for his back pain.
Lee is the classic sennin, falling into the stereotype of the cocky old master. He is a good friend of Takuma and shares a similar personality with him.
Multiple Attacks: Lee can focus his chi within his fists and deliver several blows at once.
- Chuugokurohjin (Chinese Elder) - Art of Fighting
- Chuugokurohjin -Neo Asian Mix- (Chinese Elder -Neo Asian Mix) - Art of Fighting 2
- Fatal Fury Special - in Ryo's stage
- The King of Fighters '94 - in the Mexico stage
- Art of Fighting 3 - Mentioned as Dr. Lee in Wang Koh San's ending
- The King of Fighters '97 - in the China stage
- The King of Fighters 2002 - in the China stage
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match - background cameo in the Art of Fighting stage
- SNK vs Capcom: SVC Chaos - in Honki ni Natta Mr. Karate's ending
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy - in Yuri's ending
- His dislike of Chinese food makes him one of two characters in Art of Fighting to share the same dislike, the other being Jack Turner. His dislike may stem from a few explanations, one being that Chinese food brings nostalgia and reminiscence of his family at home in China, while the other being that of how he represents the sennin archetype of the series, he consumes less grain and carbohydrate reliant cuisines, as it is said that sennin have freed themselves from reliance on food and worldly nourishment to survive, and one instance of a sennin who was reintroduced to grains and rice immediately aged and withered away.