|Kim Dong Hwan||Story||Move List||Gallery||Quotes|
In this Korean name, the family name is "Kim".
Kim Dong Hwan (Korean: 김동환; Japanese: キム・ドンファン) is a character from the Fatal Fury series. He was first introduced as a playable character in Garou: Mark of the Wolves. He is one of the children of Kim Kaphwan, alongside his brother Kim Jae Hoon.
Very goofy, a slacker and cocky, Dong Hwan thinks highly of himself. He is a natural genius who often skips out on his training, relying instead on instincts, on-the-spot tactics and probably stock knowledge. He wants to become a taekwondo master with his own unique twist to his father's style.
He is also known for creating various made up words and phrases on whim. One of these is "pompe", which was apparently made while he was playing video games with his brother. He is hinted to also being a sore loser, because he accuses Jae Hoon of being a cheater when he loses their friendly games.
In the anime, the personalities of the brothers were reversed, as Dong Hwan was the shy one while Jae Hoon was more outgoing.
- Electrokinesis - Dong Hwan can control electricity.
- Electric Attack - Dong Hwan can deliver kicks flowing with electricity.
- Lightning Summon - By kicking in a descending motion, Dong Hwan can summon lightning from the sky.
- Acrobatics - Dong Hwan is very proficient in acrobatics, using it with his Tae Kwon Do skills.
- Advanced Kicking - Thanks to his Tae Kwon Do training, Dong Hwan is able to do very fast multiple chain kicks.
Dong's fighting style is pretty unorthodox. He often mocks his opponents by slapping the opponent in the face with several kicks. He also uses several acrobatic kicks with a more heavy focus on singular techniques (and a lesser focus on successive attacks) that hits harder than his father or younger brother's. Unlike the two, he excels in exploiting frame traps to nail every enemy's attempt to strike.
- Loose Genius - Garou: Mark of the Wolves
- Dong Hwan's father is inspired by the real-life late Kim Kaphwan, founder of Viccom, a Korean company that for many years licensed SNK's games.
- He and his younger brother, Kim Jae Hoon, are inspired by the name of the younger brother and the nephew of the real businessman, respectively.