|Kain R. Heinlein||Story||Move List||Gallery||Quotes||Trivia|
Kain R. Heinlein (カイン・
While he is the final boss of Garou: Mark of the Wolves, he will only fight players who've attained at least an AAA-ranking win average throughout the game and never lose a single round.
He is voiced by Jun Hashimoto.
Kain is calm, careful, strong-willed and a serious man; he is also very ambitious, but not a megalomaniac. His antagonism stems from being a crime boss to impose his moral ideals, the value of life and living it, and not anything near greed, evil or control, as his brother-in-law Geese would. Both men are ruthless against adversary, shares a strict moral code and respects worthy opponents. He hates emotions as, according to him, they breed conniving and bias.
These characteristics make him more of an anti-villain than a true villain, having noble intent over his supposed evil deeds.
- Pyrokinesis - Kain can create and control a blue-colored fire.
- Create Fire - Kain can create blue fire from thin air.
- Fiery Projectile - Kain can fire up to two projectiles of fire at a time.
- Fiery Attacks - Kain deliver punches and kicks of fire.
- Fiery Body - Kain can engulf himself in blue fire.
- Sense - Kain can sense people nearby through their ki.
- Energy Attacks - Kain can infuse his attacks with ki energy.
- Energy Projectiles - Kain can fire two types of energy projectiles: a ball that he fires from his hands and one that comes down from the sky.
- Visual Empathy - Kain can tell a person's emotions from looking at one person's eyes.
His fighting style, while not flamboyant or exceptional, is considered effective as he is methodical when using his techniques. He uses some acrobatic moves, and he relies very much on his powers. In terms of gameplay, he is a charger.
- Dignity Palace - Garou: Mark of the Wolves
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves - final boss
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum - background cameo in the Statue stage; also in Terry's ending
- The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match - background cameo in Greece stage
- The King of Fighters XIII - background cameo in the Burnt Remains stage
- Kain and Grant (Abel Cameron), while not brothers, were inspired by the Biblical Cain, from the Book of Genesis.
- All of Kain's moves are written in the German language, hinting that Kain and Marie is originally from Germany or are of German descent.
- Because of his blue-purple flames, he is often compared to Iori Yagami or anyone of the Hakkesshu, particularly Orochi Chris. His flames comes from his own innate skills and is not powered by any external influences or sources.