|KOF: Maximum Impact 2||Gallery||Stories||Credits|
KOF: Maximum Impact 2 (
- 1 Story
- 2 Characters
- 2.1 Official Roster
- 2.2 Hidden Characters
- 3 Sub-Boss
- 4 Final Boss
- 5 Cosplay
- 6 See also
- 7 Gallery
- 8 External links
The previous THE KING OF FIGHTERS, held in Southtown — Many contended that this illegal fighting tournament was held by the gangland syndicate "Mephistopheles" to achieve the annihilation of their rivals and procure some operating capital. But after its "King," Duke, suffered defeat at the hands of Alba Meira in the finals, he and his organization vanished from Southtown. Meanwhile, the media, firmly under Duke's thumb, grew a new backbone and released a fusillade of sensational exposés — based on information from confidential sources (naturally) — regarding their former oppressors. In spite of this new torrent of "information", however, almost no one knew that an even larger entity had been pulling Mephistopheles' puppet strings.
ADDES — The truth behind this name was only known throughout the dark recesses of the underworld. And Mephistopheles, the force that swept over and completely subdued Southtown with such overwhelming force? Just one of Addes' subsidiaries, one of its countless tentacles. When and who created it? Where was its headquarters? How far was its reach? — No one really had an inkling as to what this organization truly entailed.
And now... Still yet another of Addes' long black tentacles had sliced down the veil with its sinister scythes of the grim reaper to reveal a new battle royale.
The invitations in white envelopes will soon reach the world's mightiest, who will surely find the call of the reaper irresistible.
As stated in Alba Meira's private novel by Akihiko Ureshino on the official KOF Maximum Impact 2 site which serves as an official follow up to the story of KOF Maximum Impact 2, Alba was in fact the one who defeated Jivatma and Luise. Soiree was kidnapped as a result of that and Alba has not seen him since then. And in the credits ending, Luise is seen waiting for him, so it can be assumed that Alba and Luise are together since the end of the second tournament.
The new original characters added to the roster are:
- Nagase, an assassin kid ninja working for Addes and an N-Type Enforced Human transformed by one of Addes's sub-syndicates, Belphegor. Her battle abilities are thanks to a Battle Disc System (where she saves and collects data about fighters) and her genetically enhanced strength. She is a rival for Mai Shiranui;
- Ninon Beart, the younger sister of Mignon Beart and a powerful dark sorceress. She follows her sister around and usually berates Mignon's childish antics. Though her tricks and pranks on her sibling suggest otherwise, she doesn't despise her sister entirely and sees her as a rival.
- Hyena, a cowardly man with hunger of power and a former Duke's henchman who acted as his messenger to challengers during the first tournament -later established mostly due to his personal fear of Duke. After Duke's defeat and Mephistopheles collapse, he goes into hiding and develops his own fighting style to protect himself. He gains a reputation as a fighter in the underworld media and is invited to KOF to participate;
- Luise Meyrink, the sub-boss, is a mysterious woman with a strange and regal appearance. She is the daughter of Professor Detlev Meyrink, a well-known and respected authority on rocket science, and enters to the KOF in search of him when he was kidnapped by the syndicate Addes;
- Jivatma, the final boss of the game, is the leader of Kusiel/Kushieru, a sub-syndicate of the secret syndicate Addes that trains assassins, and a member of Addes' top leaders, The Children of Kokaviel, but his origins and history are veiled in mystery. He was Duke's boss until Duke became leader of his own gang, Mephistopheles. He has frightening abilities, using a fighting style he boasts as punishment to the weak.
Other new additions to the series include Hanzo Hattori from Samurai Shodown series, Kyo Kusanagi Classic (A.K.A. Orochi Saga version), Wild Wolf (a new version of Terry Bogard based on his appearance in Garou: Mark of the Wolves), Mr. Karate II from Buriki One, Armor Ralf (a new version of Ralf Jones) and Richard Meyer from Fatal Fury series.
The King of Fighters series
Fatal Fury/MOTW series
Art of Fighting series
Ikari Warriors series
New Characters (All Originals)
Fatal Fury/MOTW series
Samurai Shodown series
Metal Slug series
Several alternate colors for the cast in Maximum Impact 2 are homages to characters in other games or media. The list below charts costume outcomes from both color types:
|/center>Normal, color F; Normal, color G|
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2/Novella
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2/Prologues
- The King of Fighters: Another Day
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2/Credits
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|