Here is the list of quotes for Jubei Yagyu.
- "No, I'm not related to that guy in Fatal Fury!"
- "Don't be afraid of what I hold in my hands"
- "Wouldn't you like to be a Yagyu too?" (Vs. Himself)
- "No one can equal to me. Wah hah hah haaah!"
- "Hey, you're not that bad. You're not very good, either."
- "I'm too fast, right? No? Then. Why's your leg on the ground?" (Fatal Finish)
- "Come,come,my friend. All lives must come to an end." (Special Finish)
- "How sad. I bet you even thought you could win." (Vs. Himself)
Samurai Shodown II
|Japanese||English translation||Occurs when/during|
|いくぞ！Ikuzo!||Let's go!||Character Select|
|掛かって来い! Kakattekoi!||Come on!||Intro|
|出直し! Denaoshi!||Try again!||Throw|
|まだまだだね! Mada mada!||That's nothing.||Damage taken|
|Shoujin ga tarin, denaosei.||You lack dedication, try again.||Round Win|
|Nukattawa!||What a stupid mistake!||K.O|
- "Can you bear to my fatal attack?"
- "Oh! I have not known that I have a brother." (Vs. Himself)
- "How ominous! I must investigate it."
- "All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai."
- "If you are related to my family, behave like a samurai!" (Vs. Himself)
Samurai Shodown IV
- "I'm on a mission for the Shogun. Now move or die!"
- "Heh,heh.Your head will make a nice trophy."
- "Yah,ha,ha! Ya got spunk!" (Bust - Opponent Suicide)
- "You've got guts. Pick them up!" (Bust Fatality)
- "My moves cut to the bone!" (Bust)
- "Slacking off lately?" (Slash - Opponent Suicide)
- "Your my servant now!" (Slash Fatality)
- "Forgive my superiority." (Slash)
- "Here is where the weak quit."
- "Should've used a bamboo sword."
- "The true shadow sect cuts well!"
Samurai Shodown V
- "Nothing is lasting in life!"
- "This is your destiny. Sorry!" (Perfect)
- "I like your fighting style." (Remaining life: low)
Samurai Shodown V Special
- "Your unworthy back to the dojo" (Remaining life: high)
- "So far so good work harder" (Remaining life: low)
- "Don't be lazy keep training" (Remaining life: moderate)
Samurai Shodown VI
- "My technique is invincible. Let me show you!!!"
- Hanzo: "Jubei, I am honored to fight you."
- Jubei: "I feel the same way. Ninjutsu and Kenjutsu, which is better?"
- Hanzo: "I don't hate you but our contest is real."
- Jubei: "I won't beg for my life, we will be enemies in this fight."
- Jubei: "Nice fight! The power of Ninjutsu is to be reckoned with."
- Hanzo: "Jubei, nice one. I pray for your other matches."
- Jubei: "You lost to the best swordsman in the world, it's not so bad."
- Yoshitora: "You have good taste, choosing me as your opponent."
- Jubei: "Nice to see you here. As your mentor, it makes me proud."
- Yoshitora: "No need to feign bad skills, when fighting one another."
- Jubei: "Yes, no doubt. Let's really kick the crap out of each other!"
- Jubei: "Well, I was your mentor, and it seems my work is not finished."
- Yoshitora: "I let you win this time. I pity an old man."
- Jubei: "I win, but that doesn't mean you lose, even though you did. Mmmm. Who are you??"
- "Your suffering will be legendary, even in HELL!!!!"
- "Your spirit is dirty. You must be cleansed."
- Hanzo: "Jubei, your fighting leaves lots to be desired. To lose to you, well, that's inconceivable."
- Jubei: "Only through fighting can we bring about peace. This is my way."
- Hanzo: "Let's help each other achieve this goal!!!"
- Jubei: "GREAT! Without you, this thing would be hard."
- Hanzo: "Your words honor me, but let's not get all touchy-feely!"
- Jubei: "I fought you, it was an honor. I'm the greatest swordsman. YES!! Well, it seems we've wrapped everything up. Let's light up!"
- Hanzo: "Sounds like a plan, Stan!!"
A couple of months later.
- Hanzo: "Jubei, I haven't seen you in ages."
- Jubei: "I called you here to chat. That's all. Been thinking about the match. It evoked some feelings inside. I'm going to take a leave of absence to be a swordsman again."
- Hanzo: "Yes, it is a choice I have pondered."
- Jubei: "Be my own man, do my own thing, train with my sword. Well, maybe I'll see you on the outside then."
- Hanzo: "Not if I see you first! Ha ha, good luck my friend."
- Jubei: "Until we meet again!"
Samurai Shodown Sen/Edge of Destiny
- Vs. Golba
- Golba: I welcome you, true warrior. A worthy general for my soldiers.
- Jubei: So you're the mastermind. I am ordered to dispose of you.
- Golba: Hear me! The embers of conflict smolder in every European land. And when they burst into flame, the inferno will consume the world! I require a new nation of mighty warriors to protect my motherland from the flames of war! I value fearless warriors, like yourself highly. If you could instill that spirit in my soldiers, my army would be invincible!
- Jubei: I share your feelings of patriotism. But we are much too different. Prepare yourself!
Samurai Shodown (2019)
Generic Win Quotes
- "It'd be a shame to let such resourcefulness go to waste! Let's chop one hundred logs and take one thousand practice swings!"
- "What is this tepid swordsmanship? Have you been remiss in your training?!"
- "Focus your mind. If you falter, my blade will seal your fate."
- "Fool! To challenge me at that skill level... outrageous! This better be the last I see of you!"
- "Those who disaparage the Shinkage school must die immediately for their mistake. Forgive me."
- "You did well enough for a child, but when men cross swords, they do not hold back."
Specific Win Quotes
- "Hmph... I felt my blade connect. I'm sure of it. For the life of me, I never thought I'd slice through a ghost." (vs. Basara)
- "Well, you're a rather promising girl. But flashy swordplay is not enough to defeat the Yagyu Shinkage school!" (vs. Charlotte)
- "What a splendid swing! Fantastic, absolutely fantastic! Alas, it won't do you any good if you can't hit me!" (vs. Darli)
- "Such inexperience! You're not worthy to polish Hanzo's shoes! Get rid of some of that flab and come back again later!" (vs. Earthquake)
- "Oh-ho. You've come from a foreign land to live as a ninja. Such spirit! And yet, you're still a mere babe in the woods. Begone with you!" (vs. Galford)
- "Murderous intent is not enough to kill a person! You thought you could take me with that level of skill? Preposterous!" (vs. Genjuro)
- "As expected, you never lose your edge, Hanzo. On the contrary, you seem to be sharper than ever!" (vs. Hanzo)
- "I see you've improved a bit, Haohmaru. Still, you'll need a lot more practice to beat me! Bwahahahaha!" (vs. Haohmaru)
- "I'm impressed by how closely you are able to mimic me. It's truly a pity to waste unfulfilled talent. So from today on, you shall be my pupil!" (vs. Himself)
- "You show your every emotion in your face. You thought you could defeat me through brute force, didn't you? Learn to control your emotions!" (vs. Kazuki)
- "Bah! That's not swordsmanship! You're nothing more than a flashy street performer!" (vs. Kyoshiro)
- "" (vs. Mina)
- "Defeat is not permitted for the agent of the Shogunate like me, girl..." (vs. Nakoruru)
- "Once someone crosses swords with me, it doesn't matter that they are a mere child. I will fight them with all my strength... Sorry." (vs. Rimururu)
- "What's going on today? My feet slip, I get sand in my eyes... hm!! Wait, is this the power of Feng Shui?!" (vs. Ruixiang)
- "If you swing your sword blindly, you're nothing more than a mere infant. Come at me after you've had some more practice!" (vs. Shiki)
- "I want to say you've got a ways to go yet, but every now and again you show an unearthly level of domination that truly is spectacular. Your overabundance of capriciousness is a weakness however." (vs. Shizumaru)
- "" (vs. Sogetsu)
- "What a funny mask you're wearing! And you look like a beggar to boot. How have you been able to travel throughout the land like that?" (vs. Tam Tam)
- "Of those who fight in the Shinmuso Itto style, you shine more brightly than most... What a disappointment to see your body in such a state." (vs. Ukyo)
- "A worthy bout between masters of the sword! However, even a warrior renowned throughout the land is no match for a master of the Yagyu Shinkage style!" (vs. Wan-Fu)
- "No matter what excuse you give, you're still a rebel. You must have a family, right? Give yourself up, pay for your crimes, and turn over a new leaf!" (vs. Yashamaru)
- "Bwahahaha! You're all grown up, Lord Yoshitora. However, as your mentor, it would be rather embarassing to lose to you." (vs. Yoshitora)
- "To think my Shinkage style could suffer a tie... I let my pride get the best of me. Next time, though, victory is assured!"
Intro Quote (Story Mode)
- "This is official Shogunate business. You'll go no further, young'un!"
Fateful Battle Pre-Dialogues
- Jubei: "You must sense it, too. This evil that makes you hair stand on end... Hanzo, how can I vaniquish the creatures that lie ahead if I cannot even defeat a man like you first?"
- Hanzo: "...I completely understand. In that case, I shall stand against you with all of my strenght. Behold the ninja arts of a master!"
- Yoshitora: "Sorry, Jubei. Leave what lies ahead to me... Now, may I pass unhindered?"
- Jubei: "Hmph... You have great foresight. But, Lord Yoshitora, what will befall this country if some misfortune should claim you? I shall stop you by force."
Win Quote (Story Mode)
- "Ah, the same skillful as always. Thank you for sparring with me, Hanzo. Now... time to find the source of this scourge and finish things once and for all!" (vs. Hanzo)
Quote vs. Shizuka
- "So this is one raising such a furor! How pitiful to be held by such an evil force. I will use my mastery of the Shinkage school to put out of your misery!"
End Quotes (Story Mode)
- "Hmm... With this, my duty to the Bakufu is complete!"
- "To protect a world at peace while developing and bringing honor to the Shinkage style... That is the path I have chosen for myself."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.