|Joe Higashi||Story||Move List||Gallery||Quotes|
Joe Higashi (ジョー・ヒガシ or
The development team wanted to make a fighter who filled the same role as Ki Ranger from Himitsu Sentai Gorenger. In contrast to Terry and Andy, the "hero" characters who have to shoulder the heavier and more serious plotlines, Joe is meant to be more of a "clown-ish" character and a "life of the party" type. He was modeled after the lead character of Abarehacchaku.
At first, Joe was a stoic man who lived for fighting and training. As time passed, he became a pretty goofy man who self-proclaims himself to be a genius with mostly everything. He doesn't take battles as seriously as the Bogards, but he loves to fight. If Joe could, he would fight every fighter he sees. He loves the spotlight and the glory of victory.
- Multiple Attacks: Joe can punch several times with incredible speed.
- Energy strikes: Joe can infuse his strikes with chi energy, being able to cause more damage than normal.
- Explosive strikes: Joe can deliver a punch of tremendous strength that generates explosive force upon contact. He has also shown to causing small explosions with some of his super moves, such as his Tiger Kick.
- Aerokinesis: Joe has shown some limited aerokinesis, the power of controlling air and wind.
- Hurricane: With an uppercut, he can create a small hurricane that moves forward. He named this attack Hurricane Upper. The stronger version is Screw Upper, a tornado-like vortex that can cause severe damage to his opponents. He also has a SDM that is an even stronger version of the Screw Upper: the Double Cyclone, which is seen in numerous Dream Match games such as Capcom vs. SNK 2 and The King of Fighters 2002.
- Survival: Joe learned his way to survive in Thailand's jungles, where he trained to hone his skills.
Joe uses traditional Muay Thai moves, combined with hurricane summoning.
- Katsuhisa Namase - Fatal Fury (2+Special); The King of Fighters '94
- Nobuyuki Hiyama - Fatal Fury 3~The King of Fighters XIII
- Kōzō Mito - The King of Fighters XIV~present
- Chiharu Sawashiro - The King of Fighters for Girls
- Masaaki Satake - Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf
- Jason Gray-Stanford - Animated films (English voice)
- Kazuki Yao - Dengeki Bunko drama CD series
Live Action Actors
- Benny Wong - Fatal Fury Special live action commercials
- The name Joe means "height, length, stature, measure, all" (丈).
- Joe's surname Higashi means "east" (東).
- Joe's headband is a personal gift from his grandmother. She gave it to him before he went for his Muay Thai training in the hopes that he would "never forget his Japanese spirit."
- In the KOF Station Channel XIV, the Fatal Fury developers state that Joe was never intended to be a comedy character like he was in the KOF series.
- Although not confirmed outright, it is implied from within the Fatal Fury Team's backstory in The King of Fighters XIV that he got rejected due to his incident with a drag queen at the end of KOF XIII.
- In Gamest's 1997 Heroes Collection, Joe was voted as the staff's thirty-ninth favorite character. He shared the spot with four other characters, including Fatal Fury character, Jin Chonrei, and Street Fighter character, Zangief. In the character popularity poll on Neo Geo Freak's website, he was voted as the second favorite character with a total of 3,654 votes.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|