|Jhun Hoon||Story||Move List||Gallery||Quotes|
In this Korean name, the family name is Jhun.
Jhun Hoon (Hangul: 전훈, Hanja: 全勲, Japanese: ジョン・フーン) is a recurring member of the Korean team after his debut in The King of Fighters '99. He is the friendly rival of Kim Kaphwan. He was originally conceptualized to be "a veteran friendly character" with a Kim-inspired moveset.
He is a perfectionist to his students and proud of his ideals of justice and Tae Kwon Do. Though strict and collected during fights and training, he is a moe and pop-star enthusiast during his free time. He particularly likes Athena Asamiya's performances and will lose face to get an autograph from her; in fact, the canon reason for his absence in The King of Fighters 2001 was due to his over-enthusiasm, for such a case where he broke his arm chasing an image of her. His alias in her fanclub is "White Tiger" (
- Slashing Feet - Jhun's feet can cut and pierce.
- Energy Attacks - Jhun can infuse his kicks with energy.
- Cutting Aura - Jhun can create a slashing aura around his feet.
Jhun's Tae Kwon Do style is similar but different from Kim's. Jhun is a unique character because he can actively switch between three fighting stances, counting his starting one. The other two are called Hawk Style and Eagle Style, Jhun can even perform specials that are unique to these stances. An unused design of Jhun appears as a Striker named Kang Bae Dal in The King of Fighters 2000. So far, unlike Kim, he has never used his fists for attacking.
- The Way to Rebirth - The King of Fighters '99
- Wild Party - The King of Fighters 2000
- Seoul Love - The King of Fighters 2003
- Asia Sangokudomei (Triple Alliance of Asia) - The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
- Kazuya Ichijo - The King of Fighters '99~present
- Yusuke Shirai - The King of Fighters for Girls
- He is modeled after Kim Hoon from Fight Fever, and shares some moves from the game's last boss, Karate Kenji.