Jeanne D'Arc (ジャンヌ・ダルク, Jannu Daruku), formerly named and also known as Janne D'Arc, is a character in the World Heroes series.
Garou: Mark of the Wolves planner and The King of Fighters XIV producer Yasuyuki Oda states that Jeanne is his favourite character in the World Heroes series. She is voiced by Keiko Tani in SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy.
Jeanne D'Arc is a swordswoman from the 15th-century France. A bearer of a tremendous beauty, she roamed her land in search of a strong fighter to become her husband. However, she continues her search in a different time now.
Alongside seven other warriors from different time periods, Doctor Brown invites Jeanne to the World Heroes tournament. Jeanne accepts the invitation in hopes of finding a suitable man. She advances through the tournament until she was put against Julius Carn who managed to defeat her. Jeanne gets up and confesses to Julius that she's finally found a man strong enough to defeat her, she aggressively asks for a kiss but Julius runs away while telling her that she's not his type of woman.
She enters the second World Heroes tournament with the same goal of finding a suitable man but was once again unsuccessful. After the third World Heroes tournament, she sees Ryoko Izumo fawning over Hanzo Hattori, she becomes irritated but quickly gets over after reassuring herself that she's the queen. Fuuma Kotaro approaches Jeanne and flirts with her, but Jeanne rejects his attempt by knocking him out.
Aware of her fighting prowess and own beauty, Jeanne won't back down from insulting her opponents if she judges them weak. However, she also desires to find a man suitable for her.
- Fire Bird - Jeanne can release a projectile that looks like a bird made of fire from her sword.
- Energy Attacks - Jeanne can fuel her slashing attacks with energy.
Jeanne uses a type of swordsmanship that is not based on French fencing. Her sword can also transform into a chain whip, extending its reach.
- Karei Naru Toushi - World Heroes
- Sometime I'll Take my Prince - World Heroes - character ending
- The Female Swordsman of Different Crown - World Heroes 2
- Lady on the Shining Heights - World Heroes 2 - character ending
- Swordswoman From a Distant Land ~SNK HEROINES Edit~ - SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy (when she is choosed as attacker in all modes)
- Magnificent Fighting Spirit ~SNK HEROINES Edit~ - SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy (in Customization Mode)
- World Heroes
- World Heroes 2
- World Heroes 2 Jet
- World Heroes Perfect
- SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters Clash DS
- SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy - DLC character
- SNK Gals Island Dokidoki Puzzle Shock! 2
- SNK High School Collection
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match - in the Greece stage
- She is based on the French national heroine, Joan of Arc. While Jeanne is cocky, Joan was virtuous.
- As a reference to Joan, her hair will go bald after being defeated in her own Deathmatch stage.
- Jeanne is the first fighting game character to use a whip sword, followed by Ivy of Soulcalibur fame.
- In the Japanese version of World Heroes Perfect, Jack's winquote reveals that she's a virgin. He comments on her blood tasting like one. This is another reference to Joan of Arc.
- In ADK World, Jeanne comments on how Shura and Captain Kidd aren't exactly at the same level she is.
- Though rendered as "Janne" through the entire World Heroes series, her name is apparently supposed to be "Jeanne", hence the change in SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy.
- Jeanne's appearance in SNK Heroines marks the first time a World Heroes character is playable in a crossover game since Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, which featured Hanzo, Fuuma, Mudman and Neo Dio.
- ArcadeAttack Interview Yasuyuki Oda (SNK) – Interview (30th November 2018)