Isla (イスラ) is a original character from The King of Fighters series. She was introduced in The King of Fighters XV as the main rival of Shun'ei, as well as the deuteragonist of the new story arc, which first started in The King of Fighters XIV. She is the fourth rival/deuteragonist of the series, succeeding Iori Yagami (Orochi Saga), Kula Diamond (NESTS Chronicles) and Elisabeth Blanctorche (Tales of Ash). Her official nickname is "Dreaming Brilliance" (
She is voiced by Lynn.
Isla is an extremely energetic graffiti artist based in South America. Though she lives a life of solitude, she has developed a deep and trusting relationship with her phantom hands, Amanda. However, when push comes to shove, Isla is no joke as she uses Amanda and her spray cans to mix up whoever gets in her way. She has a bright and cheery personality, but for some reason, she seems to really have it out for Shun'ei, out of jealousy of having more positive adult friends than her, despite both were cursed with Amplified Specters. Despite her hatred towards adults, Isla respect few of them who are well known and remain positive at heart to everyone else, such as Terry Bogard.
Isla has a similar power to that of her rival, Shun'ei, though both hands are purple, in a similar vein to Iori Yagami's Orochi-tainted flames. Though while Shun'ei's hands are large and only show up during some of his special moves, Isla's are relatively small and appear floating around her at all times, being heavily integrated into her gameplay, such as for double jump.
Isla mostly avoids physical hands-on combat, as she keeps her own hands in pockets when fighting at all times. Instead, her main method of fighting is with her kicks and her floating phantom hands named "Amanda" (アマンダ). She also uses spray paint cans as another type of weapon.
- Time for revolution It's our generation - The King of Fighters XV
- Her name is the Spanish word for "Island".
- Isla, Dolores, and Heidern are hinted to be the canon winners of the 15th tournament, due to the fact that they faced, along with Team Hero, the final boss of the game (Otoma=Raga).
- Isla, Kula Diamond, and Elisabeth Blanctorche are the only female leaders of Team Rivals.
- When performing her Climax Super Special Move, Isla will finish off the opponent with a kick similar to the one often seen in the Kamen Rider franchise. This wouldn't be the first time KOF has referenced Kamen Rider, however...
- Her team's theme song is quite similar to the motifs seen throughout Jet Set Radio and The World Ends with You (and Persona 5 to a lesser extent), with its lyrics perfectly encompassing her rebellious attitude and lifestyle.
- Despite their rivalry, Shun'ei and Isla are the only pairs of rivals that don't have a Fated Battle theme (at launch), compared to Kyo ("Goodbye Esaka" if on the Player 2 side) and Iori ("Sadistic Eyes", same conditions as the latter), K' and Krohnen ("KD-0084"), or Ash and Elisabeth ("No. 53", a remix of KOF XI's intro theme) before them.