Iroha (いろは, Iroha) is a character from the Samurai Shodown series. She is one of the main protagonists and one of the new characters from Samurai Shodown VI, and is the first non-canonical character to have her canonical debut in Samurai Shodown (2019).
She is a very popular character in Japan, and stars in her own mobile game called Maid by Iroha. Another game based around her was scheduled for release on the Nintendo DS, but was canceled. She has also been added to a roster of usable characters in the Queen's Blade series, which is an extension of the fantasy game series, Lost Worlds. She also has several different figurines, hard cast and otherwise, made in her image.
Iroha claimed 2nd place in Dengeki Online’s DLC characters poll for Samurai Shodown (2019).
Her conception began due to a desire to add an amorous character. At first, she was designed to be a mostly nude character though eventually her image changed with "a graceful crane" and "Asian wife" motif. Her namesake is taken from the Heian poem of the same name which is a pangram used for learning the hiragana syllabary.
The developers of Samurai Shodown (2019) are aware of Iroha's popularity. Since the game is being released worldwide the developers worried about her sexual expressions such as disrobing behind shoji doors. Nobuyuki Kuroki was against her inclusion to the base roster as it would clash with the game's atmosphere. He compared this to Yuri's debut in Art of Fighting 2 where tone became more "colourful." 
She is a crane who transforms herself into a Japanese maid. She serves her master and appears to think of him as the most important aspect of her life. Her master is unknown, but is likely to be the player him/herself as she often bows and speaks to the player before and after her fights. Creators have confirmed this in an interview, adding that she is specifically talking to the male players. This makes her and Wan-Fu the only characters with interactions beyond the fourth wall.
Iroha is an obedient and cheerful maiden. She deeply cares for her master, trying her hardest to stay in her human form whilst in front of him.
- Transformation - Iroha can change into her original shape whenever she needs.
- Pyrokinesis - Iroha can control fire.
- Feather Projectile - Iroha can shoot a razor sharp feather.
She fights with two butterfly swords and relies on her speed for close ranged combat. She can also double jump. Several of her moves hint to her original form as a crane such as her projectile (a white feather) and her normal fighting stance. The most obvious reference is her POW move, where she grabs her opponent and, behind shoji doors, disrobes and physically beats her foe. Her silhouette during this sequence briefly changes into a crane.
- Yuzuru no Mai (Dance of the Evening Crane) - Samurai Shodown VI; performed by Maho Kayuri
- Wings of Yearning - Samurai Shodown (2019)
- Mayumi Shindou - Samurai Shodown VI, Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting, Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos
- Saori Gotō - Samurai Spirits Oni
- Jun Miruno - Samurai Shodown (2019)
- Samurai Shodown VI
- Neo Geo Heroes: Ultimate Shooting
- Queen's Gate: Spiral Chaos
- Samurai Spirits Oni
- Samurai Shodown (2019) - DLC character
- Days of Memories (Ōedo Ren'ai Emaki, Kaze Maiu Miyako de Tsukamaete!) - unplayable
- Maid by Iroha
- Koi no Iroha ~Sakura Saku Haru~
- Koi no Iroha ~Himawari Kagayaku Natsu~
- Koi no Iroha ~Momiji Iro Tsuku Aki~
- Koi no Iroha ~Sazanka Chiru Fuyu ~
- SNK Gals Island Dokidoki Puzzle Shock!
- Moeyo! SNK Gals Osuin Katoukai
- SNK Gals Island Beauty Dungeon Mimi to Kimashita! - as an event character only
- SNK High School Collection
- KOF x Fatal Fury
- Samurai Shodown Tenkadaiichi Kenkakuden
- SNK Fighting Age