Hanzo Hattori (服部 半蔵, Hattori Hanzō), whose real identity is Shinzo (蒼紅, Shinzō), is a character in Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage. He accepted the mantle "Hanzo" and is rarely referred to by his former name.
He is voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi.
The officials received intel regarding the plans of the Three Blades of Dominion calling for the overturning of the government and send Hanzo on his secret mission. He seeks the whereabouts of Jigen Taishi, believed to be the scheme's ringleader, and sets out alone for Riten Kyo. In his ending, he eliminates the traitor ninja and successfully reports his findings to the shogun without losing face for his clan. His father watches from afar, proud of his son's accomplishments.
Shinzo mimics his father's professionalism and behavior to a point where most people don't know the difference (Haohmaru seems to know Shinzo's identity). When not adopting the Hanzo name, Shinzo is a quiet and refined man of politics. He secretly wonders if he is worthy of his father's image.
Aside from these powers, he also has all the skills perceived to be had by ninja (stealth, swimming, climbing, etc.)
- Shadow Pin - Legendary ninja skill of immobilizing opponent by pinning his shadow to ground by shuriken. The only skill not borrowed from his father.
- Pyrotechnical Attacks - Hanzo can explode a bomb to fend off his opponent.
- Bonebreaking Taijutsu - Hanzo can use specific hand-to-hand fighting skills, grabs and acrobatic moves to break the bones of his opponents.
- Teleportation - Hanzo can teleport short distances.
Hanzo's fighting style can best described as a "hit and run" approach. He is fastest runner in game. His rolls provide him movement, invincibility, and the ability to forcefully expand stage borders (thus he can never be cornered). He relies on his paralyzing and long range Shadow Pin ability, lengthy combos, and his close range grabs. His aerial techniques allow him to attack twice during same jump, use aerial projectiles and wall jump. His normal jump is highest yet slowest in game.
- Shogunate - Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage
- Mist (霞, kasumi, his neck-breaking somersault) uses unblockable move graphical effect, but for some reason it's fully blockable. The same move of the original Hanzo is unblockable.