|Elisabeth Blanctorche||Story||Move List||Gallery||Quotes||Trivia|
Elisabeth Blanctorche (エリザベート・ブラントルシュ), is one of three original characters debuting in The King of Fighters XI. Elisabeth is also the third leader of the Rivals Team and the third rival/deuteragonist of the series, rivaling with Ash Crimson (protagonist/"hero" of the story arc protagonist that bears his name).
During the initial phases of The King of Fighters XI, the concept for Elisabeth was to present her as Ash Crimson's rival, but as planning for the character and her story proceeded, the idea of her more as a "guide" than a "rival" took shape. Her earlier design resembled a tougher modern-day equestrian including a short whip - they kept the whip as they liked the idea of short, quick movements. Developers also describe her fighting style as "orthodox with subtle tricks [to it]" despite her minimal moveset.
She is a very serious and strict high class member of nobility. Once she has decided to do something, she'll do whatever it takes to get it done. Perhaps due to her upbringing, she doesn't find it urgent to always keep her promised meetings with her teammates of lower stature. Though she is the one who invites them to her dwelling, she arrives tardy and usually denounces them within a few moments of their conversation.
She fondly thinks of Ash as her younger brother, but she has since prepared herself to stop him at any costs. Elisabeth finds condolence with her pleasant, elderly butler, as he is the only one near her who knows the details of her past with Ash.
- Translocation - Elisabeth can translocate herself at incredible speeds.
- Ictiokinesis - She has the power to control light.
- Create Light - She can create light out of nowhere.
- Light Attack - Elisabeth can create five short ranged projectiles of damaging light.
- Light Beam - She can trap her opponents in a beam of light.
- Light Field - She can also create damaging light in the area around her.
- Unexplained Power - Elisabeth can sometimes sense Ash's presence and uses this ability to affirm his whereabouts. She was also the only one who could still remember him after he was removed from the timeline.
- Bow Summoning - In her climax in KOF XV, Elisabeth can summon a light bow. After hitting the opponent with her arrow, she transforms into a light bird.
- Sleep Resilience - Elisabeth can easily stand up to three consecutive nights without sleeping, similarly to Ryuji Yamazaki.
Elisabeth attacks with a short ranged riding crop. She also uses magical light powers to trick and trap others. Her fighting style is very similar to the French martial art of Savate. Elisabeth abolished the crop in The King of Fighters XV.
- Queen - The King of Fighters XI, The King of Fighters XIII (when the music is set to "Type B", console version only, shared with Shen Woo and Duo Lon)
- Each Promise - The King of Fighters XIII
- Slushy Road - The King of Fighters XV
- Holding Pride in Your Heart - Days of Memories
- Elisabeth, Duo Lon and Benimaru Nikaido were the winners of The King of Fighters XI tournament. This was confirmed in Ash's Team Story in The King of Fighters XIII.
- However, the team is pointed as a possible winner of the 13th tournament, due to the fact that they faced the final boss of the game (Evil Ash).
- Elisabeth is the fourth woman to win a KOF tournament, succeeding Vanessa, Whip and Leona Heidern.
- Elisabeth and Isla are the only leaders of Rivals Team to win a KOF tournament.
- Elisabeth, Kula Diamond and Isla are the only female leaders of Team Rivals.
- Elisabeth, Ash Crimson and Oswald are the only characters introducted in the Ash Saga to appear in the following story arc (and in the future games of the series).
- Elisabeth's surname, "Blanctorche", was spelt as "Branctorche" in The King of Fighters XII.