Burning Fight is a beat 'em up game created during the heyday of other similar games such as Capcom's Final Fight and Sega's Streets of Rage. The producer is Eikichi Kawasaki.
Duke and Billy, two popular and renowned New York City Police detectives, are hot on the trail of a dangerous Japanese crime syndicate. Their investigation has led them to the mean streets of Japan where they meet a police officer and martial arts expert named Ryu. Ryu agrees to join the NYPD detectives as they track down the crime syndicate bosses and end their reign of terror once and for all.
Basically this game uses the same elements that makes Final Fight famous, such as the balance between characters, grabbing weapons or things in the ground to make more damage to the opponents and breaking things like phone booths and street signs along the way. But also added some new elements, like mini-stages, where you have to defeat some enemies to gain some prizes, all in 10-15 seconds.
- Yujiro Heike - He is a member of a Japanese yakuza gang known as Heiwa-Gumi and Azusa Heike's husband; he appears as a boss in stage 1 then as a mid-boss in the final stage together with Azusa.
- Tom Anderson - A Hulk Hogan look-a-like wrestler that appears in the second level. A recolored variant of him appears in the final level as Mad Dilly which bears a resemblance to Macho Man Randy Savage.
- Azusa Heike - She appears to be one of the members of Heiwa-Gumi and Yujiro Heike's wife; she appears as a boss in Stage 2-B with her bodyguards named Harold Carr and reappears as a mid-boss in the final stage together with Yujiro.
- Gary Powell - A wrestler-like enemy that appears in the third stage. He is a spriteswap of Tom Anderson, but his head is different.
- Nitou Ryuji - He is possible to be a leader of Heiwa-Gumi; he appears as a boss in Stage 3 then as Nitou Ryugo in the final level of the game.
- Marshall - He is a vicious punk and Duke's rival; he appears as a boss in both Stage 2 and 4 then as a midboss in the final level.
- Casterora - He is the final boss and Italian or Spanish mobster who is responsible for the crimes in Osaka city.