|Andy Bogard||Story||Move List||Gallery||Quotes|
Andy Bogard (アンディ・ボガード) is a video game character in both the Fatal Fury and The King of Fighters series by SNK. He is Terry Bogard's younger brother. His official nickname is "The Human Weapon" or "Whole Body Weapon" (
Andy is a quiet and rather stoic man who always sets his sights on improving himself. Although he is usually serious, he breaks form when confronted with things that make him uncomfortable -such as his height- and hides his embarrassment with boastful declarations, probably underlying his diffidence in a sense. Andy acts as the withdrawn and analytical observer amongst his friends. As far back as he can remember, He has never won any fight over his elder brother and seems to suffer from an inferiority complex because of it. He respects him yet feels that he has to one day overcome him. Despite this, both brothers are solid companions to the other, whether be in normal tasks, fighting or even travels.
In the Fatal Fury timeline, he is aware of Mai's interest, he just considers her to be more of a younger sister since he started training with Hanzo when he was very young and devoted his life to martial arts. Mai's luck is surely bad. However, in The King of Fighters timeline, he is in love with Mai, but rarely expresses it, as he personally feels that he is not yet mature enough to handle marriage and training at the same time. He seems perplexed by Mai's actions towards him but will do everything he can to protect her. Their relationship is usually used for comedic effect in the Fatal Fury and King of Fighters series. As the series progresses however, their relationship becomes more serious.
- Gather Chi - Andy can gather chi energy from Gaia, the mother-earth.
- Energy Projectile - Andy can fire a ball of chi energy from his hands called Hishouken.
- Energy Attacks - Andy can use chi energy to increase the damage of his normal attacks (punches, kicks, etc.)
- Fire Attacks - Andy can use fire to increase the damage of his normal attacks and even engulf his body in flames, though he is not a pyrokinetic like Mai is.
- Acrobatics - Andy is very proficient with acrobatics thanks to his ninjutsu training.
- Stealth - Due to his ninja training, Andy is proficient in stealth.
- Cycling - Andy is a bicyclist and can do short laps.
Andy employs Koppouken as his fighting style. Koppouken is an old Japanese martial art that has some Karate and Ninjutsu moves, but with emphasis on targeting vulnerable parts of the body and breaking bones. Some time after mastering Koppouken, Andy went to learn the Shiranui-ryuu Ninjutsu with Hanzo Shiranui.
- Jun Hashimoto - Fatal Fury 2/Special, The King of Fighters '94
- Keiichi Nanba - Fatal Fury 3~The King of Fighters XIII
- Hiroshi Okamoto - The King of Fighters XIV~present
- Toshinari Fukamachi - The King of Fighters for Girls
- Tomoko Maruo - Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf (as young Andy)
- Tony Sampson - Fatal Fury: Legend of the Hungry Wolf (English voice as young Andy)
- Peter Wilds - Animated specials (English voice)
- Hiroyuki Kagura - The King of Fighters: Destiny (as young Andy)
- Ryō Horikawa - Dengeki Bunko drama CD series
- Curtis Wood Willis - Fatal Fury Special live action commercials
- Andy's Japanese speech patterns has changed a bit over the years. In his debut, he referred to Terry as "Ani-shaa" (兄貴)), the archaic version for the "big brother". Since Fatal Fury 3, however, he calls him the more common phrase for "older brother", "Nii-san" (
兄さん). He also used to refer to himself as "boku" before using the more formal "watashi" and masculine "ore".
- Andy is predominantly a diminutive version of the male given name Andrew, and variants of it such as Andreas and Andrei. Andrew is derived from the Greek name Andreas, meaning "manlike" or "brave".
- According to Terry's character album, he is well aware of Andy's desires to surpass him and recognizes him to be his greatest living rival. To counter his brother's effort, Terry constantly strives to improve himself by fighting stronger opponents.
- In Neo-Geo Freak 1998, the characters in KOF '98 have their own interviews. Here are Andy's response to the questions.
- What is your aspiration in this competition? - "If you don't care about the two letters of the championship, it's a lie. I intend to relax enough and come to the tournament."
- Who would you like to fight the most? - "My brother."
- Who would you like to team up with? / Who would you not like to team up with? - "The ones I team up with, is Joe and my brother. However, I feel sorry for Mai every year, so I would like to join with Mai once. Billy is the man who I don't want to team up with."
- What is "KOF" for you? - "I think it's one of the lessons."
- Finally, please give a word to your fans. - "Please refer carefully to the result of the lesson well."
- In the Fatal Fury movie, Terry loses to the CPU Andy in the arcade game he was playing.